Barahi Temple1281 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tal Barahi Temple, Pokhara, Western Region, Nepal
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Island, Lake, Nature
Located on an island in Nepal's Phewa Lake, stands the Barahi Temple. A visit to the island near the center of Lake Phewa is often included on tour packages in the area, and is certainly a must for anyone touring Pokhara. Set in stunning surroundings, many find Barahi Temple a peaceful place to relax, especially after canoing across the glistening waters of Phewa Lake.
Barahi Temple Travel Tips
- There is a steep climb upto the temple that might be difficult for the disabled, elderly and young kids.
- The temple is accessible by boat only.
- To get there you simply walk on the main path that heads along Lake Fewa till it ends at the boat hiring area only 200 feet from the temple itself.
- The prices are post but be aware bigger more comfortable boats cost more than the small ones.
How to Reach Barahi Temple
- Nearest Bus stop is Camping Chowk Bus stop
- Hallan Chowk Bus Stop
- Boomerang Restaurant
- LaPizzeria Cafe and Bar
- Hungry Eye
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pokhara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pokhara and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.65% of people who visit Pokhara include Barahi Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
32.58% of people start their Barahi Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Barahi Temple
86.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barahi Temple