Bindhya Basini Temple1002 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bindhyabasini Temple, Pokhara-Baglung Hwy, Pokhara, Western Region, Nepal
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 977-61526961
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Hill, Nature
Dedicated to the Goddess Bhagwati, the Bindhyabasini temple is one of the most important temples in Pokhara. The goddess ‘makes an appearance’ every now and then in an unassuming local and even though this might creep you out a bit, it will definitely hold your attention for a long time.
Goddess Bhagwati is Pokhara's Guardian deity, also known as Shakti or Kali, known to be a blood-thirsty goddess. Sacrifices of goats and other animals are a routine here and to a peace-loving visitor the experience might seem a bit too gory. But the beauty surrounding the temple makes up for the weird customs and scary vibe. Situated on a small hill-lock in between the main old market and Bagar , the temple is at a height of 3000 ft.above from the sea level which facilitates breathtaking views of the Annapurna Ranges.
Bindhya Basini Temple Travel Tips
- Conservative dressing is encouraged.
- Do remember to take out your footwear before you enter the temple.
- There a stairs to be climbed to reach the temple which might be a hindrance for children and elderly people.
How to Reach Bindhya Basini Temple
- Nearest Bus stop is Hari Chowk Bus stop.
- One can also use a boat to get to the temple.
- Hilton Restaurant
- Purple Cafe Pokhara
- Apple Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pokhara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pokhara and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.96% of people who visit Pokhara include Bindhya Basini Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
28.57% of people start their Bindhya Basini Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bindhya Basini Temple
92.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bindhya Basini Temple
Bindhya Basini Temple Reviews & Ratings
Any entry tiket is there? What is the special hereAnswer Report Abuse