Gurkha Memorial MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: British Gurkhas,GPO 50, Pokhara, Nepal
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: 977-061441762
- Ticket Price: 200 NPR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, War Memorial, Specialty Museums
The Gurkha regiment was known for its valour and unwavering steadfastness. This museum is dedicated to that spirit and showcases a number of objects and information relating to the regiment. One can also buy an original, military-issue Khukuri (special Gurkha combat knife) as a souvenir here.
Accompanied by sound effects of machine-gun fire, it covers Gurkha history from the 19th-century Indian Uprising, through two World Wars to current-day Afghanistan, with a fascinating display on Gurkhas who have been awarded the Victoria Cross medal.
Gurkha Memorial Museum Travel Tips
- Museum is not disabled friendly.
- Wheelchairs cannot go up the floors at the moment.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gurkha Memorial Museum
- Non-Nepali- Rs 200; SAARC member- Rs 100.
- Nepali- Rs 20; Children- Discount.
How to Reach Gurkha Memorial Museum
- Take the bus from Lakeside to British Camp which should cost you about 25 Nepali Rupees.
- You will have to walk from the final bus stop to the museum.
- Apple cafe
- Hilton Restuarant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pokhara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pokhara and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.74% of people who visit Pokhara include Gurkha Memorial Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.17% of people start their Gurkha Memorial Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gurkha Memorial Museum
93.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gurkha Memorial Museum