Old TownCurrently Open
- Address: Ganeshman Sinha Maarga Pokhara 33700 Nepal Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Food And Drinks, Entertainment, Market, Family And Kids, Nature
Pokhara’s Old Town is a stark contrast against its lakeside demeanour. Be prepared to take a step back in time and be surprised at how much history is hidden in every corner. Renowned for its Newri architecture and the charming Old Bazaar, this area makes for a good walk and a great place to people watch. The Bindyabasini temple will be the highlight of your time in Old Town. It is one of Pokhara’s most religiously important sights. Then there is the small but worthy Bhimsen temple and the array of shops selling Hindu and Buddhist paraphernalia. You won’t realize when a couple of hours just breeze by here.
Old Town Travel Tips
- Newari brickwork and intricately carved windows are something to lookout for in this area.
How to Reach Old Town
- Bus stops in the area: Pokhara Baglung Bus Park, Bagar Bus Stand, Hari Chowk Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pokhara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pokhara and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Old Town Address: Ganeshman Sinha Maarga Pokhara 33700 Nepal
- Old Town Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Old Town(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Old Town: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
47.89% of people who visit Pokhara include Old Town in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
36.36% of people start their Old Town visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Old Town
94.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Town
People normally club together Seti River Gorge and Krishnas Kitchen while planning their visit to Old Town.