Phewa Lake1628 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 33700, Pokhara, Nepal
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Biking Trail, Walking Area, Lake, Boating, Nature
The second largest lake in Nepal is a thing of beauty indeed. The focal point for any dreamy traveller, the lake is hugged by lush forests from all around. On a clear day, the majestic Annapurna is clearly reflected on the lake’s mirror surface.
Many people walk or cycle around the lakeshore the trek up to the World Peace Pagoda affords breathtaking views over the tal and the mountains beyond. Go boating or just for a lazy stroll around the lake to really feel the effect of its marvellous lake.
Phewa Lake Travel Tips
- Beware of mosquitoes around the lake especially if you go boating, it is better to carry a cream-based repellent.
- If you choose to go boating on the lake, do as your boatman to take you to the Taal Barahi Temple which is situated on the middle of the lake.
Entrance Ticket Details For Phewa Lake
- A Boat ride will set you back approximately Nepali Rupees 500.
How to Reach Phewa Lake
- Nearest Bus stops are Camping Chowk Bus Stop
- Nareswar Bus stop
- Pokhara Steak House
- Punjabi Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Pokhara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pokhara and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Pokhara include Phewa Lake in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
48.47% of people start their Phewa Lake visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Phewa Lake
91.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Phewa Lake
Phewa Lake Reviews & Ratings
I want to watch the sunrise from Phewa Tal in December. When are boats ready to be rented?Answer Report Abuse
Not sure if you can watch a sunrise while boating as boating services start only after 9 AM.Report Abuse