- Address: Sarankot, Pokhara district , Nepal
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 25 NPR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Landmark, Observatory, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature
Sarangkot - Review
As if pretty Pokhara needed a more beautiful cousin! Sarangkot is the cherry on top of a delicious cake. Privy to some spectacular views of the mountains; from Dhaulagiri to Machhapuchhare, this place can pass off god’s own spot. At any given hour, Sarangkot is at least a couple of degrees cooler than Pokhara. A great place to witness jaw dropping sunrises, but don’t expect to be the only one gasping in surprise. This place is very popular amongst tourists who want to catch a glimpse of the mighty Himalayas. Other than the magnificent vistas, there’s not much to do here except a couple of abandoned forts. A few hours is all you need to do justice to this place.
- Paragliding and ziplining is famous in this area. A number of adventure sport tour companies operate these activities from here.
- To hike up to Sarangkot, take the trail from Sedi (just north along the lake from Pokhara). A nice one hour hike that is good for most hikers. The trail is marked well and there are steps in many places where it gets steep. Hold on to the ticket as it will give you access to the main view point at the top of the mountain.
How To reach Sarangkot by Public Transport
- You can also take a local bus or drive up the road to Sarankot.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pokhara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pokhara and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sarangkot
95% of people who visit Pokhara include Sarangkot in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
45.73% of people start their Sarangkot visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sarangkot
90.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sarangkot