The second largest city in Nepal is a paradise in its own right. Sitting cosily in the lap of the Himalayas, Pokhara is picturesque and dreamy like a fairytale wonderland. Prepare your senses for a treat; air as fresh as dew, sights as pretty as a fantasy and food as delicious as a feast. To add to its beauty, Pokhara has been bestowed with stunning natural lakes that overlook the bewitching Annapurna range. The mighty Mt. Fishtail looks down lovingly at Pokhara, showering its spectacular grace to awe-struck tourists.
Pokhara offers it’s visitor timeless memories and priceless treasures; peace, overwhelming allure and seductive relaxation. No holiday in Nepal is complete without a travel to Pokhara.
Essential travel information and Pokhara tips for your visit
- Before entering a Nepalese home, temple, and stupa remember to remove your shoes.
- Seek permission first before entering a Hindu temple. Many Hindu temples do not allow westerners or non-Hindus to enter. Leather articles are prohibited to be taken inside the temple premises.
- Don't take photographs of locals, holy shrines & temples unless they have clearly given their consent.
- Beware of touts trying to take advantage of clueless tourists.
- In Nepal, it is best to choose conservative clothing as scantily dressed men and women might be frowned upon.
Pokhara Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Pokhara. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Pokhara trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Pokhara
Save 7%Sarangkot Sunrise Tour from Pokhara
2 Hrs 30 Mins3 Reviews
Save 7%Private Full-Day Hike in the Annapurna Foothills in Pokhara
7 Hrs4 Reviews
Private Sightseeing Tour of Pokhara Including Sarangkot
6 Hrs2 Reviews
Save 7%Annapurna Poon Hill Trek Package in Nepal HimalayasNew on TripHobo
Save 11%Sarangkot half day hike from PokharaNew on TripHobo
Save 7%The World Peace Pagoda in Pokhara
3 Hrs2 Reviews