Thivanka Image House179 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Thivanka Pilimage Rd, Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka Map
- Phone: +94-272222222
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
The Thivanka Pilimage was built in the 12th century by King Parakramabahu as part of the Jethavanarama Complex. Here you will find three large images of Buddha and hence the name ‘Thivanka’ that literally translates into three curves. The Buddha statue here is 8 meters in height but today the statue is partly destroyed above the head and stands 6.6 meters tall. The insides of the complex are decorated with frescoes that tell us the many Jataka Stories.
- Thivanka Image House Address: Thivanka Pilimage Rd, Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka
- Thivanka Image House Contact Number: +94-272222222
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Polonnaruwa include Thivanka Image House in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
31.37% of people start their Thivanka Image House visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Thivanka Image House
90.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thivanka Image House
People normally club together Seyara Holiday Resort and Sri Muthumari Amman Temple while planning their visit to Thivanka Image House.