The Amphitheatre, Pompeii
About The Amphitheatre, Pompeii
The Amphitheatre, Pompeii - Address, Phone Number
Address: Ancient Pompeii, Pompeii, Province of Naples, Campania, Italy
Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 32.5K times in trip plans
Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Monument, Theatre, Architecture , Archaeological Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
How special can an amphitheatre be? Let’s leave aside the whole bit where it was preserved through two millennia under the ashes of one of history’s most important volcanic eruption. This is one of the oldest Roman amphitheatres in the world. It seated 20000 people, not just from Pompeii, but from neighbouring towns too. It earns further massive brownie points for having, what experts say, is an incredibly optimal crowd control design. Heck, its bathroom itself is supposed to a model for all stadium/public bathrooms that would follow. 140 ears before it was totally buried, Pompeians and Nucerians had themselves a deadly riot right in the middle of the amphitheatre. Not enough? How does the fact that Pink Floyd held a concert here in 1971 grab you?
The Amphitheatre Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket booth closes 90 minutes before closing time.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Pompeii before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Pompeii and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Amphitheatre, Pompeii Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Temple Of Jupiter
- House Of Moralista - Excavations
- Temple Of Vespasiano - Excavations
- Scavi Archeologici Di Pompei
- Sanctuary Of The Madonna Of The Rosary
- Forum At Pompeii
- Museo Vesuviano G.b.alfano
- Pompei 3d
- Pompeii Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Pompeii
- What to See in 48 Hours in Pompeii
- What to See in 72 Hours in Pompeii
- How to Spend 5 Days in Pompeii
- How to Spend 6 Days in Pompeii
- How to Spend 7 Days in Pompeii