How to Reach Pompeii
How to reach Pompeii
By Train: The easiest way to visit Pompeii.
- The Circumvesuviana Napoli-Sorrento line will take you to Pompeii Scavi (Ruins of Pompeii). You can leave your bags here at the station for about EUR 1.50. Don’t let luggage weigh down your trip to Pompeii.
- Rome is EUR 11.20 and 2 hours 20 minutes by the train from Termini
- Naples is EUR 3 from Circumvesuviana
- Salerno runs a line to ‘Pompei’ station for EUR 2.10 and takes 25-45 minutes
By Bus: SITA runs buses to the site from Naples for about the same cost as a train.
On Foot: There’s no other practical way of Pompeii travel. The places to see in Pompeii are too labyrinthine.
Modes of Transportation in Pompeii
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Pompeii. The most preferred mode of transport in Pompeii is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 9.97 km Average time: 56.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 28.57%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 15 min Walking 6.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 40 min
Car 28.57%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 15.5 kms 25 min
Walking 28.57%Walking 70 min Train 9 min Waiting 5 min Tram 2.5 min Overall average time for 7.9 kms 86.5 min
Train/Metro 14.29%Train 45 min Waiting 15 min Walking 15 min Bus 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 90 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Sirmione
- How To Reach Santa Maria Di Castellabate
- How To Reach Bologna
- How To Reach Sorrento
- How To Reach Salerno
- How To Reach Ravello
- How To Reach Genoa
- How To Reach Maranello
- How To Reach Orvieto
- How To Reach Verona
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Rome
- How To Reach Florence
- How To Reach Venice
- How To Reach Naples
- How To Reach Cinque Terre
- How To Reach Milan
- How To Reach Positano
- How To Reach Catania
- How To Reach Padua
- How To Reach Siena