Are you looking for what to do in Pompeii?
PLACES TO SEE
- The Amphitheatre: This is one of the oldest Roman amphitheatres in the world with a seating capacity of 20000 people.
- Sanctuary of the Madonna of the Rosary: A hundred years old, the church has quickly shrouded itself in legend using one of the more traditional routes – stories of miracles among the worshippers and pilgrims who’ve visited it. It’s main attraction is the painting of “Our lady of the Rosary”.
- The Forum Baths: Impressive ancient Baths of Pompeii.
- House of the Ancient Hunt: The house, which is intricately covered in mosaics, also takes its name from them, one of which depicts a hunting scene of a wild board being hunted by a pack of dogs.
- House of the Tragic Poet: Finely decorated and luxurious ancient house taking its name from the tablinium that depicts the “the tragic poet.
- Villa dei Misteri: 400 metres north of Pompeii, just on the outskirts, this is a suburban villa with fascinating paintings and mysterious tales surrounding it.
- Garden of the Fugitives: This is one of the most moving of Pompeii’s sites. The garden is suspected to have been a summer dining area. At the time of the eruption, there were thirteen people here, and none of them escaped the wrath of the mountain. When discovered, all the thirteen had plaster casts made of their remains. It’s the largest concentration of victims in a single spot in Pompeii.
- House of the Vettii and House of the Faun: These are the other historic houses in Pompeii worth paying visit.
- Temple of Apollo: Most famous archeological ruin of Pompeii with amalgamation of Greek and Italian architecture.
Below we have a list of things to do in Pompeii and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Pompeii getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Pompeii with confidence.