Events and Festivals in Port Blair
- Island Tourism Festival: Usually takes place in the first week of January, the Island Tourism Festival is an annual cultural event organized for promotion of tourism and entertainment for islanders. Major music bands and Bollywood starts perform at the fest.
- Beach Festival: Sports activities like beach volley ball, tug of war, kabaddi etc. are organized during the Beach Festival. Food courts, variety entertainment programmes and other fun activities are also organized.
- Flea Market: A weekend market is organised from time to time in the city and it offers a great opportunity for locals to sell their produce and for visitors to enjoy the local cuisine, buy local handicrafts and produce. The event carters to the tourists as well as the locals and helps to keep them entertained.
- Monsoon Festival - The festival takes place in the off season, between the months of May and June. The event showcases various attractions like musical performances, dance performances, food stalls and much more. The Monsoon Festival has become one of the most celebrated festivals on the island.
- Pongal: Pongal is another one of the most famous festivals in Port Blair. This beautiful is chiefly rural based harvest celebration. It is one of the amazing festivals of entire Tamil community in Port Blair.
Trip plans for Port Blair