A part of the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, Jolly Buoy Island is a small island off Wandoor Beach. It is very famous for its underwater corals and its pristine clear beach. Head over to Jolly Buoy Island for some Snorkelling, scuba diving and glass bottom boat rides.
Jolly Buoy Island Travel Tips
- As a rule, all the boats leave and come back together.
- Jolly Buoy is a No Plastic Zone.
- If at all you have to carry plastic items, you need to submit a list of all the plastic items you would be carrying, to the authority at Wandoor beach. A sum of Rs.100 per plastic item needs to be paid as a deposit fee. The amount will be paid back after producing the same plastic items.
- The island remains closed and inaccessible for a few months of the year. Kindly confirm with tourist office before planning a visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jolly Buoy Island
- Entry Permit for Adult: Rs.50
- Children (5-12 years): Rs.25
- Children below 5 years have free entry.
- Still Photography Camera: Rs.25
Jolly Buoy Island Hours
- Note that all the boats travelling to Jolly Buoy Island from Wandoor beach leave at 9:00 am.
- Return journey from Jolly Buoy Island starts by 2:00 pm.
How to Reach Jolly Buoy Island
- Boats leave at 9:00 am from Wandoor Beach.
- No eateries on Jolly Buoy Island. Packed picnic baskets are recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Port Blair before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Blair and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Port Blair include Jolly Buoy Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
69.63% of people start their Jolly Buoy Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Jolly Buoy Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jolly Buoy Island