Ross Island, Port Blair
About Ross Island, Port Blair
Ross Island, Port Blair - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Ross Island, near Port Blair, Andaman, India
Ticket Price: 20 INR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 121.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Island, Water Body, Waterfront, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Ross Island is a small yet historically significant island situated near Port Blair. It was the administrative headquarters for the British during their rule in the Andamans. During the British rule, that the island was developed to a perfect township. It had to be vacated however due to an earthquake. One can still find ruins of the fascinating buildings on the island, like the Ballroom, the Chief Commissioner's House, Govt. House, a Church, a Hospital, a Bakery, a Press, a Swimming Pool and Troop Barracks. Ofcourse, these all are in a decrepit condition. In its heyday, Ross Island was known as the ‘Paris of the East’. Today, the Island is under Indian Navy’s jurisdiction.
Ross Island Ticket Prices
- Entry ticket for Adult Rs.20
- Children between 5 and 12 years Rs.10
- Children under 5 years have free entry.
- Video Camera Rs.50; Still Camera Rs.10; Ferry ticket in between Rs.75 to Rs.100.
Ross Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Ferry timings 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm and 4:30 pm.
- Service closed on Wednesdays.
How To reach Ross Island by Public Transport
- Ferry from Aberdeen Jetty
Restaurants Near Ross Island
- A snack shack is present on the island.
- Packed picnic basket is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Port Blair before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Blair and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ross Island, Port Blair Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Gol Ghar
- Havelock Lighthouse
- Woodmason Bay
- All India Radio
- Barren Island
- Citi King Palace
- Havelock Island
- Hotel Nk International
- Bhathu Basti
- Palm Grove Eco Resort
- Port Blair Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Port Blair
- What to See in 48 Hours in Port Blair
- What to See in 72 Hours in Port Blair
- How to Spend 5 Days in Port Blair
- How to Spend 6 Days in Port Blair
- How to Spend 7 Days in Port Blair