Port Dickson Tourism
Visit Port Dickson - Best of Port Dickson
Serene beauty with perfect flavor of beach resort is what Port Dickson is all about. It is the most popular beach resort holiday destination where locals of Malaysia love to go for a short weekend break. It is the perfect getaway to shrug off all the stress from your mind. The relaxed resorts along with pool sides will let you enjoy the tranquility of the ambience in the best way which you might not get in other cities of Malaysia. For instance, the coastline of warm beaches like Blue Lagoon and calm sea waves touching your feet and surrounding lush vegetation forming natural shed over the beach let you enjoy the harmony of the surroundings.
However, Port Dickson is not only about sea and sea beaches. There are many more things to do in Port Dickson. It also has a strong history which says that the city was initially a village inhabited by fishermen and traders. That’s why you will still find the fishing culture in some portion of the city. Slowly, with time development began which ultimately lead to the building of railway-linked harbour. As a result, the city turned into a beach resort destination. According to various sources, the tourism of Port Dickson started increasing in the 90’s, when a large number of local people from Kuala Lampur and Singapore started visiting this place. Added to this, with increasing number of beach resorts coming up in this region the place became a favorite spot for many travelers as well as investors.
Thus, if you are still wondering where else to visit in Malaysia add the name of this small city in your itinerary list.
Port Dickson Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Port Dickson tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8 hours. No daylight saving time is observed.
- Currency: The Currency operational in Malaysia is Ringgit
- Electricity: Electrical sockets (outlets) in Malaysia are the "Type G " British BS-1363 type. If your appliance's plug doesn't match the shape of these sockets, you will need a travel plug adapter in order to plug in.
- Internet: Some of the Internet providers in Malaysia are: TM Net, Maxis Broadband, Time Dotcom, etc.
- Language: Malay is the predominant language spoken in Malaysia.
- Emergency Contacts: Police & Ambulance : 999, Tourism Headquarters : 03-2693-5188
- Tipping: Not mandatory, but appreciated.
Customs and Safety tips:
- Do not kiss in public. Malaysians refrain from displaying any personal affection in public.
- Do not drink tap water.
- There are strict laws against the usage of drugs in Malaysia.
- Remove your shoes before entering a Malaysian home, a temple or a Mosque.
- Do convert most of your currency in Malaysia only, since the country does not allow a huge number of Ringgit in or out of country.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Port Dickson and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Port Dickson- Know before you go to Port Dickson
Port Dickson Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Port Dickson
- Cities Near Port Dickson
- Tapah Road Tourism
- Taman Delima Tourism
- Labu Tourism
- Arena Sungai Siput Utara Tourism
- Taman Senawang Indah Tourism
- Taman Mount Austin Tourism
- Lendu Tourism
- Pajam Tourism
- Hulu Langat District Tourism
- Kayu Ara Pasong Tourism
- Bukit Gambir Tourism
- Kuala Klawang Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Jupiter Island Tourism
- Éterville Tourism
- Grenora Tourism
- Paneriai Tourism
- Tahua Tourism
- Fairland Tourism
- Rijmenam Tourism
- Bradenville Tourism
- Cococa Tourism
- Litchfield Tourism