Visit Port Dickson - Best of Port Dickson
Serene beauty with perfect flavor of beach resort is what Port Dickson is all about. It is the most popular beach resort holiday destination where locals of Malaysia love to go for a short weekend break. It is the perfect getaway to shrug off all the stress from your mind. The relaxed resorts along with pool sides will let you enjoy the tranquility of the ambience in the best way which you might not get in other cities of Malaysia. For instance, the coastline of warm beaches like Blue Lagoon and calm sea waves touching your feet and surrounding lush vegetation forming natural shed over the beach let you enjoy the harmony of the surroundings.
However, Port Dickson is not only about sea and sea beaches. There are many more things to do in Port Dickson. It also has a strong history which says that the city was initially a village inhabited by fishermen and traders. That’s why you will still find the fishing culture in some portion of the city. Slowly, with time development began which ultimately lead to the building of railway-linked harbour. As a result, the city turned into a beach resort destination. According to various sources, the tourism of Port Dickson started increasing in the 90’s, when a large number of local people from Kuala Lampur and Singapore started visiting this place. Added to this, with increasing number of beach resorts coming up in this region the place became a favorite spot for many travelers as well as investors.
Thus, if you are still wondering where else to visit in Malaysia add the name of this small city in your itinerary list.
Port Dickson Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Port Dickson tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +8 hours. No daylight saving time is observed.
- Currency: The Currency operational in Malaysia is Ringgit
- Electricity: Electrical sockets (outlets) in Malaysia are the "Type G " British BS-1363 type. If your appliance's plug doesn't match the shape of these sockets, you will need a travel plug adapter in order to plug in.
- Internet: Some of the Internet providers in Malaysia are: TM Net, Maxis Broadband, Time Dotcom, etc.
- Language: Malay is the predominant language spoken in Malaysia.
- Emergency Contacts: Police & Ambulance : 999, Tourism Headquarters : 03-2693-5188
- Tipping: Not mandatory, but appreciated.
Customs and Safety tips:
- Do not kiss in public. Malaysians refrain from displaying any personal affection in public.
- Do not drink tap water.
- There are strict laws against the usage of drugs in Malaysia.
- Remove your shoes before entering a Malaysian home, a temple or a Mosque.
- Do convert most of your currency in Malaysia only, since the country does not allow a huge number of Ringgit in or out of country.
Are you looking for a Port Dickson travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Port Dickson Tourist Information
Port Dickson Itineraries
335 Views1 Day
Popular Hotels in Port DicksonView all Hotels in Port Dickson
- Melaka Tourism
- Kuala Lumpur Tourism
- Genting Highlands Tourism
- Bentong Tourism
- Frasers Hill Tourism
- Labis Tourism
- Kluang Tourism
- Cameron Highlands Tourism
- Ipoh Tourism
- Johor Bahru Tourism
- Cherating Tourism
- Taiping Tourism
Facts and Stats for Port Dickson*
Living in Port Dickson - Quality of Life
Climate Index 56.55 (Moderate)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.