Touted as one of the best snorkelling and diving reef sites in the world, Agnicourt Reef is a cluster of numerous small ribbon reefs. It is located just 65 km off the coast of Port Douglas and is the very edge of the Great Barrier Reef. There are several companies that offer day tours to Agnicourt Reef from Port Douglas. For those not wanting to dive or snorkel, some tour operators have submersible vehicles that allow you to observe the magical underwater world while you stay dry. It is a magnificent sight and a definite must visit giving you the opportunity to get up close with the unique marine plant and animal life that is native to the Great Barrier region. It is a fun and safe activity for the whole family!
- If you’re travelling with your family, be sure to ask tour operators about family fares & packages.
- Helicopter tours are also available for those not inclined to get into the water.
- Ideal place to visit even for non-swimmers.
- Be sure to carry swimwear, sunglasses, a hat and your camera.
- Food and refreshments are included in the tour, check with operator.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Port Douglas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Douglas and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.69% of people who visit Port Douglas include Agincourt Reef in their plan
95% of people start their Agincourt Reef visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Agincourt Reef
People normally also visit Flagstaff Hill Lookout while planning their trip to Agincourt Reef.