Bally Hooley Steam RailwayCurrently Open
- Address: Marina Mirage, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-740991839
- Ticket Price: 10 AUD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Train Ride
A historic steam railway that operates every Sunday from the Marina Mirage station in Port Douglas, it is a very interesting tourist attraction in town. It is a 2ft narrow gauge railway. The jouney takes about 1 hour for a return trip and is operated by volunteers. The track is over a century old and the two trains, Speedy and Bundy are 55 years old. The trains begins at Mirage Marina and ends at St Crispins Station. The route itself is scenic and passes through attractive mangrove areas and golf courses.
Bally Hooley Steam Railway Travel Tips
- Tickets can be purchased on the train, or in the Sun Palm Transport office opposite the station entrance at the Marina Mirage.
- They accept contributions and volunteers are welcome.
- Lower fares apply for shorter trips.
- The fare entitles you to unlimited trips per operating day.
- The Train Service runs on Sunday and Selected Public Holidays.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bally Hooley Steam Railway
- Child: $5 AUD
- Entry is free for children under four years.
Bally Hooley Steam Railway Hours
From the Marina-
- Marina Mirage: 11.00, 1.00, 2.30
- Country Club: 11.10, 1.10, 2.40
- Rydges: 11.15, 1.15, 2.45
- St Crispins: 11.20, 1.20, 2.50
To the Marina-
- St Crispins: 10.20, 11.30, 1.30, 3.00
- Rydges: 10.25, 11.35, 1.35, 3.05
- Country Club: 10.30, 11.40, 1.40, 3.10
- Marina Mirage 10.40, 11.50, 1.50, 3.20
- OTZ at Niramaya
- Tree Bar and Grill
- The Beach Shack Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Port Douglas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Douglas and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.61% of people who visit Port Douglas include Bally Hooley Steam Railway in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
36.36% of people start their Bally Hooley Steam Railway visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Bally Hooley Steam Railway
65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bally Hooley Steam Railway