Daintree RainforestCurrently Closed
- Address: 2333 Cape Tribulation Road, Cape Tribulation QLD 4873, Australia, Port Douglas
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-740989126
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 10:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Daintree Rainforest - Review
Considered one of the most complex ecosystems on earth, The Daintree Rainforest is a nature lover’s paradise. Located at a 1.5 hour drive from Port Douglas, it is ideal for a day trip. The Daintree area offers a unique combination of dense forests, mountains, streams, gorges, rock formations, mangroves as well as beaches and the ocean. It is part of the Wet Tropics of Queensland World Heritage Site and is visited by tourists and those with scientific interests alike. Many rare and common native plants and flowers can be spotted here. Several private tour operators offer excursion packages for Daintree Rainforest and Cape Triulation that start from Port Douglas. The ideal place for more information regarding the area is the Daintree Discovery Centre that has an interactive display as well as free brochures and information for tourists.
Daintree Rainforest Information
- Tour operators offer varying packages that range from a few hours to overnight tours.
- Ensure you have comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent are necessary.
- Take care not to disturb or damage any of the natural beauty.
- There are designated picnic areas.
- Tours generally include meals and tea but check with your operator and make arrangements accordingly.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Port Douglas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Douglas and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Daintree Rainforest
76.86% of people who visit Port Douglas include Daintree Rainforest in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
91.97% of people start their Daintree Rainforest visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 10 Hrs to see Daintree Rainforest
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Daintree Rainforest