Flagstaff Hill LookoutCurrently Open
- Address: 40 Murphy St., Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Scenic Drive, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Hill
Flagstaff Hill is a short walk from the main street in Port Douglas. It offers stunning views of the Coral Sea and Four Mile Beach. The site was originally used for shipping signal flags and derives its name from the practice. It is a scenic walk to reach the top and most people enjoy the trip however a certain level of fitness is required. The lookout can be accessed by vehicle but most people prefer to walk and take in the sights and sounds along the way.
Flagstaff Hill Lookout Travel Tips
- Try visiting at sunrise or sunset for breathtaking views.
- The walk up the hill can be a bit tough so wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Make sure you bring you camera, hat and sunglasses.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Port Douglas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Douglas and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.37% of people who visit Port Douglas include Flagstaff Hill Lookout in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
37.5% of people start their Flagstaff Hill Lookout visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Flagstaff Hill Lookout
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Flagstaff Hill Lookout