How to Reach Port Douglas, Australia
The Easiest Way to Reach Port Douglas
- By Road: As there are no trains or flights to Port Douglas, the only way to get here is to fly or take a train to Cairns and then travel to Port Douglas by road. There are several airport shuttle coaches from Cairns to Port Douglas. Car hire is also easily available at Cairns airport. The distance from Cairns to Port Douglas is 66km and the drive takes approximately 1 hour.
- By Sea: Large high-speed catamarans depart from the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal and halt at Port Douglas on their way to the Great Barrier Reef. Passengers are allowed to disembark at Port Douglas if that is their final destination. The duration of the trip is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- On Foot: The easiest way to cover short distances in Port Douglas is on foot. The roads are clean and most areas like Macrossan St. and surrounding places are easily accessible. There isn’t much traffic on the roads so it is relatively safe and easy to walk.
- By Bus: There is a regular bus service in Port Douglas that covers most important areas and runs on a schedule. Several hotels too have complementary shuttles with pick up and drop off points. For those travelling long distances, several tour operators have coaches that take you to the important tourist attractions.
- By Bike: There are bike paths along several streets in the town. Port Douglas Bike Hire rents out bikes on a daily basis and their staff can help with directions.
- By Car/Taxi: Car rentals are easily available through companies like Holiday Car Hire and Port Douglas Car Rental. Taxis can also be hired through the hotel or Port Douglas Taxis that offer 24hrs service. Check with your hotel or the Port Douglas Tourist Information Centre on Macrossan Street.
Are you looking for a Port Douglas travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Cities Near Port Douglas
- How to reach Wangetti
- How to reach Kamerunga
- How to reach Cairns
- How to reach Aloomba
- How to reach Yungaburra
- How to reach Cooktown
- How to reach Wanjuru
- How to reach South Johnstone
- How to reach Barwidgi
- How to reach Sydney
- How to reach Melbourne
- How to reach Adelaide
- How to reach Geelong
- How to reach Perth
- How to reach Surfers Paradise