Opal ReefCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas, Queensland 4877, Australia
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Scuba, Snorkeling
Opal Reef - Review
Abundance of fish and vibrant colours of coral are the highlight of Opal Reef. The water visibility is great making it ideal for snorkelling and diving. It is considered to be one of the most spectacular areas of the Great Barrier for the sheer number of fish and marine life here. There are numerous day trips offered by tour operators from Post Douglas to Opal Reef. For those not wanting to dive or snorkel, some tour operators have submersible vehicles that allow you to observe the magical underwater world while you stay dry. It is a must do activity for the whole family.
Opal Reef Information
- If you’re travelling with your family, be sure to ask tour operators about family fares & packages.
- Helicopter tours are also available for those not inclined to get into the water.
- Ideal place to visit even for non-swimmers.
- Be sure to carry swimwear, sunglasses, a hat and your camera.
- Food and refreshments are included in the tour, check with operator.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Port Douglas before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Douglas and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Opal Reef
81.17% of people who visit Port Douglas include Opal Reef in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
87.45% of people start their Opal Reef visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Opal Reef