How to Reach Port Elizabeth - The Easiest Way to Reach Port Elizabeth
- By Air: Port Elizabeth Airport is closely located near the main centre making it easy to get into the city after arrival. Flights to Port Elizabeth from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban are frequent. There are also few flights to Port Elizabeth from other South African cities.
- By Train: You can take a train to Port Elizabeth from Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Kimberley, Pietermaritzburg, Durban, East London, Mthatha and Grahamston.
- By Car: Port Elizabeth is connected to Johannesburg and Cape Town via motorway and you can drive a car or get a taxi to get here.
- By Bus: Major South African coach companies offer daily rides to Port Elizabeth.
- By Car: Car hire is easily available throughout the city and hiring a car is a good way to get around the place.
- By Bus: The public bus transport system is efficient and good way to get around.
- By Taxi: This is one of the major transport facilities. The taxis in the city are minibuses and can take you to any place desired at cheap costs.
Are you looking for a Port Elizabeth travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Port Elizabeth
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Port Elizabeth. The most preferred mode of transport in Port Elizabeth is Car.
Average distance: 24.5 km Average time: 45.5 min
Car 78.57%Driving 29.45 min Walking 1.64 min Overall average time for 26.18 kms 31.09 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.14%Bus 60 min Overall average time for 15 kms 60 min
Walking 14.29%Walking 85 min Driving 32.5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 117.5 min
How to Reach Port Elizabeth from Nearby Cities
|East London to Port Elizabeth||230.88 km||45 mins|
|Knysna to Port Elizabeth||265.9 km||3 hours 53 mins|
|George to Port Elizabeth||297.71 km||2 hours 55 mins|
- How to reach Buyskloof
- How to reach Adendorp
- How to reach Zimbaba
- How to reach Tsitsikama
- How to reach King William's Town
- How to reach Bisho
- How to reach Newlands
- How to reach Knysna
- How to reach Gonubie
- How to reach Cape Town
- How to reach Kruger National Park
- How to reach Johannesburg
- How to reach Pilanesberg National Park
- How to reach Pietermaritzburg
- How to reach Hoedspruit