Blue Penny Museum3137 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Caudan Waterfront, Block A, Port Louis, Mauritius
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +230-2108176
- Ticket Price: 50 MUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
Inside Port Louis’ famous mall, Le Caudan Waterfront, lies Mauritius’ most precious treasure, the Blue Penny Museum. It’s called the Blue Penny because of a 2 pence blue stamp, one of the two rare stamps that are the pride and joy of not only the museum, but also the country. The other stamp being a one penny red stamp; in order to preserve the original colors of the stamps, they are only lit for 10 minutes, every hour.
The Museum does however step outside the realm of stamps and has exhibits that talk about the history of the island, the times of the exploration, settlement and subsequent colonization that the island has seen. One of the best museums of Port Louis, some of the most unique maps, engravings and photographs of Port Louis are on display here.
Blue Penny Museum Travel Tips
- Guided tour for resident groups is available on reservation.
- No photography is allowed inside the museum.
- The Post Office stamps are available for 10minutes on the half hour of every opening hour.
- Food and drinks are not permitted inside the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Blue Penny Museum
- For residents: 50MUR
- For groups of residents (adults/children/students/seniors): 50MUR for guided tour
Blue Penny Museum Hours
- The museum closes exceptionally at 2:00 pm on 24th and 31st December.
- The exhibition rooms start to close at 4:30 pm.
- The museum admissions desk and boutique close at 4:30 pm.
How to Reach Blue Penny Museum
- Victoria Square (Bus Stop)
- Grand Ocean (Chinese cuisine)
- Le Capitaine (European and Fusion)
- Namaste (Indian cuisine)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Port Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.35% of people who visit Port Louis include Blue Penny Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
71.3% of people start their Blue Penny Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Blue Penny Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blue Penny Museum