Events and Festivals in Port Louis, Mauritius
Events and Festivals in Port Louis
Mauritius has a large population of people of Indian origin and so they celebrate a lot Indian festivals.
- Holi (February): Described as the festival of colours, during Holi, the entire Indian community can be seen on the streets, dancing and smearing each other with colours. If you’re approached by anyone to put a little colour on you, either refuse politely or get some colour applied on you.
- Duchess of York Cup (May): The horse racing season is kicked off with the Duchess of York Cup! Taking place at the Champ de Mar Racecourse, there’s no other event that brings the city on its feet. While the races are underway, there’re a lot of activities going on, on the grounds to cater to everyone’s needs and taste.
- Pere Leval's Day (September): One of the most revered missionaries to ever arrive at Port Louis, Pere Leval in the short time period that he was there, fought for the plight of the sick and poor. Every year, in September, thousands of people all over the world fly to Port Louis to visit his tombstone to pay their respects and pray for miracles.
- Festival International Kreol (December): Celebrating the Creole culture, every December, there are live music and dance performances that go on till the break of dawn. Every beach, park and open public space is celebrating the Creole culture.
Trip plans for Port Louis
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Port Louis
Port Louis Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Port Louis
Diving In Belle Mare Mauritius New on TripHobo
Duration: 45 Mins
Diving in the East of Mauritius at Belle Mare, enter in the world of the undersea explore coral reefs,multi coloured marine l...Book Now
West Coast Catamaran - O'Plezir New on TripHobo
Duration: 6 Hrs
The West Coast catamarans cruise is an enjoyable day of relaxation and fun while discovering the beautiful scenery of one of ...Book Now
Shared Transfer to or from Mauritius International Airport 2 Reviews
Duration: 1 Hrs 15 Mins
Enjoy a shared transfer to/from Mauritius International Airport to your hotel in an air conditioned coach. For Arrival transf...Book Now
Trou-aux-Cerfs and La Rhumerie de Chamarel: Guided Day Trip from Curepipe New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Spectacular changes of scenery will reveal some of the island's unique natural assets. A taste of nature, culture and refined...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Flic En Flac
- Events & Festivals in Souillac
- Events & Festivals in Le Morne
- Events & Festivals in Pamplemousses
- Events & Festivals in Chamarel
- Events & Festivals in Riviere Des Anguilles
- Events & Festivals in Morcellement Saint Andre
- Events & Festivals in Plaine Des Papayes
- Events & Festivals in The Vale
- Events & Festivals in Haleakala National Park
- Events & Festivals in Hualien
- Events & Festivals in Armacao Dos Buzios
- Events & Festivals in Marathias
- Events & Festivals in Longyearbyen
- Events & Festivals in Kanha
- Events & Festivals in Leknes
- Events & Festivals in Fortitude Valley
- Events & Festivals in Polignano A Mare