St. James Cathedral2626 Votes Currently Open
- Address: St Denis St, Port Louis, Mauritius
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
The city of Port Louis has many places of worship, each exquisite in their own style and poise. One such place is the St. James Cathedral- the oldest Anglican Church in Mauritius. Rife with history, this church has been open to the masses since 1850. Although it’s not a busy church compared to its counterparts, St. James is said to have a peaceful aura around it which can’t be found in any other church. With its wood-paneled interiors and beautiful altars, St. James Cathedral is not something you want to miss.
St. James Cathedral Travel Tips
- Maintain tranquility within the church.
- Check the mass timings from the church authorities.
- Make sure your visit doesn’t disturb other worshipers.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. James Cathedral
- Free Entry
- Even though there’s no entrance charge levied, donations are encouraged and accepted.
How to Reach St. James Cathedral
- Saint Denis (St Denis) Bus Stop
- Grand Ocean (Chinese food served)
- Le Capitaine (European cuisines served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Port Louis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Louis and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.3% of people who visit Port Louis include St. James Cathedral in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
78.45% of people start their St. James Cathedral visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. James Cathedral
58.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. James Cathedral