Brian Lara PromenadeCurrently Open
- Address: Independence Square, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +353-567764933
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Walking Area, Historical Site
Brian Lara is one of the best cricketers of all time, having the highest individual score in first class cricket. He’s the only batsman to have scored a single, double, triple, quadruple and quintuple century during his career! He has yet another accolade to be proud of, this time hitting close to home: the Brian Lara promenade. Named in honour of the greatest batsman to have come out of Trinidad, this promenade is located in Independence Square and stands as a testament to one of Port of Spain’s favourite sons.
A 1970 plan outlining the construction of the city shows the blueprints for the promenade, and work began for the same only in 1993. Funding was procured from nearby banks and a year later, the promenade was extended and today it makes up the western portion of Independence Square, stretching from the Cipriani Statue to the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.
- Cricket fans will love the huge statue of the cricketer erecter here, surrounded by benches upon which you can recline.
- The promenade is a hub of activity and every day, more than 100,000 people cross its paths. If you like people watching, this is the best spot the get a good idea of what the people of Port of Spain are like and do on a daily basis.
- Feeling hungry? You grab some deliciously fried chicken or some other tasty snack at any of the numerous fast food restaurants found here.
- This is a wonderful place to take a stroll, and you can see the different buildings here, like a school and the financial center, or catch music at various points.
- You can use the promenade to walk down to Port of Spain to do some shopping, if you’re coming from the docks.
- You can explore the rest of Independence Square and its special buildings and then come here to relax. Since this is the heart of the city, many businesses stage promotional activities here.
Brian Lara Promenade Travel Tips
- Be careful of pickpockets here.
- Expect to see many less fortunate people begging on the streets here.
How to Reach Brian Lara Promenade
- City Gate public buses and private mini-buses (also called maxi taxis) both stop at Independence Square.
- Tamnak Thai Restaurant (Thai, Asian)
- Jaffa at the Oval
- Mario’s Pizzera (Pizza)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Port Of Spain before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Of Spain and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.38% of people who visit Port Of Spain include Brian Lara Promenade in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
34.86% of people start their Brian Lara Promenade visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Brian Lara Promenade
94.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Brian Lara Promenade