Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman StatueCurrently Open
- Address: Datta Dr. At Orangefield Rd., Carapichaima, Trinidad, Port of Spain, Trinidad, Trinidad And Tobago Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 868-6735328
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Statue, Family And Kids, Architecture
The ethnic composition of Trinidad and Tobago is like a bowl of M&M’s, it’s colourful and diverse but each is a Trinidadian and Tobagonian at their heart. This diversity is can be seen all across the islands, with different kinds of religious monuments dedicated to celebrating the various ethnicities. One such monument is the beautiful, colourfully adorned Dattatreya Temple and the magnificent 85 feet statue of the deity Hanuman.
The Dattareya Yoga Centre and Temple is an amalgamation of many wonderful works or architecture, including the temple itself and a giant Hanuman statue that stands by it, perched upon a small shrine. The temple is dedicated to the Hindu trinity Dattareya and is a source of joy and reverence for the large Hindu Indo-Trinidadian population on the island. The brilliantly pink, blue, green and golden structure was created in the Dravidian style of architecture and was created by fourteen stonemasons who were specially flown down. Filigree ornaments and life sized statues of elephants decorate the entrance to the path that leads into a meditation centre and within the temple, there are mini chambers with shrines dedicated to the different aspects of the trinity. Look up and marvel at the stunning paintings and statuettes that embellish the inner roof.
Hanuman was a mythological figure, considered one of the greatest warriors of all time. The largeness of this gigantic statue, the largest of its kind outside India, is supposed to signify that pilgrims should aspire to grow spiritually. Hanuman stands for faith, strength, friendship and the willingness to sacrifice, thus making him a great role model in the hearts of Hindus everywhere.
This little piece of India in the Caribbean brings devotees from all over the islands and has become a sight for those who enjoy architectural splendour. The calm ambiance that surrounds the area enhances the aesthetic beauty of these creations, and provides a tranquil place for to offers ones prayers.
Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue Travel Tips
- Appropriate clothing is required (no shorts).
- Shoes must be left outside the temple door.
- You can take pictures of the statue and the temple exterior and grounds, but permission is required to take pictures inside.
- Tips and Warnings: The temple is half an hour from Port of Spain; take Churchill Roosevelt Highway east to Uriah Butler south; turn right until the Chase Village flyover (overpass); follow the signs south to Waterloo; then follow signs to the temple.
- Angelo’s Italian Restaurant (Italian)
- Super Shawarma (Shawarma, Falafel)
- Mexican Barbecue and Grill (Cuban, Mexican)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Port Of Spain before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Port Of Spain and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue Address: Datta Dr. At Orangefield Rd., Carapichaima, Trinidad, Port of Spain, Trinidad, Trinidad And Tobago
- Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue Contact Number: 868-6735328
- Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue Timing: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue(preferred time): 11:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
27.8% of people who visit Port Of Spain include Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue in their plan
81.61% of people start their Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue
People normally club together Caroni Swamp National Park and Chaguanas while planning their visit to Dattatreya Temple And Hanuman Statue.