How to Reach Portland
- By Air: Travel to Portland gets easy with the Portland International Airport (PDX). It boasts of hosting almost 227 flights daily.
- By Train: The Amtrak connects nearby cities to Portland, USA. Trains halt at the Union Station and connect the city to places such as Eugene, Seattle, San Francisco and Chicago to name a few.
- By Bus: It is easy to travel to and from Portland with the iconic Greyhound and its subsidiary BoltBus.
- By MAX Light Rail: Portland’s efficient light-rail system connects the metro region to downtown area.
- By Streetcar: USA’s first modern-day streetcar, the Portland Streetcar runs in 2 lines. One connects downtown to Pearl district and the other connects Willamette River to OMSI.
- By Bicycle: Portland is the Bike City of USA. With 315 miles of bikeways and the nation’s highest percentage of bike commuters, the city is definitely bicycle friendly.
- By Bus: The TriMet is an efficient bus system which covers the city and its suburbs.
- By Car: Portland takes pride in the fact that it can be explored without a car. However, car rentals are available.
- On Foot: Walk around the city’s streets and discover Portland like never before.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Portland. The most preferred mode of transport in Portland is Car.
Average distance: 18.02 km Average time: 32.85 min
Car 77.24%Driving 32.52 min Walking 0.27 min Overall average time for 20.41 kms 32.79 min
Bike 5.69%Bike 18.71 min Overall average time for 5.51 kms 18.71 min
Walking 1.63%Walking 23 min Bus 10 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 7.49 kms 35.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 7.32%Bus 33.33 min Waiting 6.44 min Walking 3.13 min Train 2.22 min Other 0.67 min Overall average time for 10.41 kms 45.79 min
Train/Metro 5.69%Train 27 min Walking 7.43 min Waiting 2.71 min Driving 1 min Overall average time for 15.17 kms 38.14 min
Motorbike 0.81%Motorbike 10 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 5 kms 12 min