How to Reach Portland
How to reach Portland
- By Air: Travel to Portland gets easy with the Portland International Airport (PDX). It boasts of hosting almost 227 flights daily.
- By Train: The Amtrak connects nearby cities to Portland, USA. Trains halt at the Union Station and connect the city to places such as Eugene, Seattle, San Francisco and Chicago to name a few.
- By Bus: It is easy to travel to and from Portland with the iconic Greyhound and its subsidiary BoltBus.
- By MAX Light Rail: Portland’s efficient light-rail system connects the metro region to downtown area.
- By Streetcar: USA’s first modern-day streetcar, the Portland Streetcar runs in 2 lines. One connects downtown to Pearl district and the other connects Willamette River to OMSI.
- By Bicycle: Portland is the Bike City of USA. With 315 miles of bikeways and the nation’s highest percentage of bike commuters, the city is definitely bicycle friendly.
- By Bus: The TriMet is an efficient bus system which covers the city and its suburbs.
- By Car: Portland takes pride in the fact that it can be explored without a car. However, car rentals are available.
- On Foot: Walk around the city’s streets and discover Portland like never before.
Modes of Transportation in Portland
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Portland. The most preferred mode of transport in Portland is Car.
Average distance: 16.94 km Average time: 31.42 min
Car 77.46%Driving 30.95 min Walking 0.31 min Overall average time for 18.3 kms 31.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.23%Bus 26.67 min Waiting 5 min Walking 3.33 min Overall average time for 5.74 kms 35 min
Walking 2.82%Walking 42.5 min Bus 10 min Driving 7.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 23.34 kms 62.5 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.41%Tram 25 min Overall average time for 12.87 kms 25 min
Bike 5.63%Bike 17.75 min Overall average time for 4.87 kms 17.75 min
Train/Metro 4.23%Train 30.33 min Walking 3.33 min Driving 2.33 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 20.39 kms 37 min
Motorbike 1.41%Motorbike 10 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 5 kms 12 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Virginia Beach
- How To Reach Santa Fe
- How To Reach Eugene
- How To Reach Carmel-by-the-sea
- How To Reach Bloomington
- How To Reach Palm Springs
- How To Reach Rapid City
- How To Reach Carmel Valley
- How To Reach Sonoma
- How To Reach Volcano
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.