How to Reach Portland, Oregon
The Easiest Way to Reach Portland
- By Air: Travel to Portland gets easy with the Portland International Airport (PDX). It boasts of hosting almost 227 flights daily.
- By Train: The Amtrak connects nearby cities to Portland, USA. Trains halt at the Union Station and connect the city to places such as Eugene, Seattle, San Francisco and Chicago to name a few.
- By Bus: It is easy to travel to and from Portland with the iconic Greyhound and its subsidiary BoltBus.
- By MAX Light Rail: Portland’s efficient light-rail system connects the metro region to downtown area.
- By Streetcar: USA’s first modern-day streetcar, the Portland Streetcar runs in 2 lines. One connects downtown to Pearl district and the other connects Willamette River to OMSI.
- By Bicycle: Portland is the Bike City of USA. With 315 miles of bikeways and the nation’s highest percentage of bike commuters, the city is definitely bicycle friendly.
- By Bus: The TriMet is an efficient bus system which covers the city and its suburbs.
- By Car: Portland takes pride in the fact that it can be explored without a car. However, car rentals are available.
- On Foot: Walk around the city’s streets and discover Portland like never before.
Are you looking for a Portland travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Portland
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Portland. The most preferred mode of transport in Portland is Car.
Average distance: 18.11 km Average time: 31.91 min
Car 77.78%Driving 32.03 min Walking 0.24 min Overall average time for 20.16 kms 32.27 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.56%Bus 27 min Waiting 6.8 min Walking 3.43 min Other 1.2 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 38.43 min
Walking 2.22%Walking 42.5 min Bus 10 min Driving 7.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 23.34 kms 62.5 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.11%Tram 25 min Overall average time for 12.87 kms 25 min
Bike 6.67%Bike 19.33 min Overall average time for 5.93 kms 19.33 min
Train/Metro 3.33%Train 30.33 min Walking 3.33 min Driving 2.33 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 20.39 kms 37 min
Motorbike 1.11%Motorbike 10 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 5 kms 12 min
How to Reach Portland from Nearby Cities
|Beaverton to Portland||11.72 km||23 mins|
|Tigard to Portland||11.9 km||11 mins|
|Vancouver to Portland||14.72 km||25 mins|
|Wilsonville to Portland||17.21 km||17 mins|
|Hillsboro to Portland||27.97 km||53 mins|
|Camas to Portland||32.13 km||35 mins|
- How to reach Willamina
- How to reach Jefferson Oregon High School
- How to reach Napavine
- How to reach Eugene
- How to reach Olympia
- How to reach Seattle
- How to reach Redmond
- How to reach Woodinville
- How to reach Stanfield
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco