Oregon Historical Society Museum434 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1200 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5032221741
- Ticket Price: 11 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
Created in 1898, this fascinating Museum should probably be your first stop in Oregon before you go visiting the rest of the state. it does a wonderful job of conveying the state's identity to you. There are over 85,000 artefacts here, the most famous of which includes the Portland Penny, which was used to decide the city's name; Captain Robert gray storage chest comma add 10000 year old sandal; presidential memorabilia; artefacts from the Lewis and Clark Centennial exposition; and even everyday items. The main exhibit is the Oregon my Oregon display which covers nearly the entirety of Oregon history from the earliest settlements the current times. The museum also functions as a historic research library and has an extensive historic photograph collection. Occasionally special temporary exhibits are also hosted. Information about these can be found on the Museum website.
Oregon Historical Society Museum Travel Tips
- Check out to the museum store.
- Check the Museum website in case it is closed for bad weather.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oregon Historical Society Museum
- Students and Seniors (60+) (with ID) $9
- Youth (6 – 18) $5
- Free for five and under
Oregon Historical Society Museum Hours
- Tuesdays: 1pm – 5pm
- Wednesday – Saturday: 10am – 5pm
How to Reach Oregon Historical Society Museum
- Portland Streetcars A-Loop and NS-Line, stop Art Museum
- Buses 6, 38, 45, 55, 58, 68, 92, 96 stop SW Jefferson & Broadway
- Buses 8, 9, 10, 14, 17, 43, 66 stop SW 6th & Main
Stop City Hall/SW 5th & Jefferson MAX Station
- MAX Green Line, Orangne Line
- Bus 291
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Portland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Portland and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Oregon Historical Society Museum Address: 1200 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205, United States
- Oregon Historical Society Museum Contact Number: +1-5032221741
- Oregon Historical Society Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Oregon Historical Society Museum Price: 11 USD
- Best time to visit Oregon Historical Society Museum(preferred time): 10:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Oregon Historical Society Museum: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
8.47% of people who visit Portland include Oregon Historical Society Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
77.78% of people start their Oregon Historical Society Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Oregon Historical Society Museum
94.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oregon Historical Society Museum
People normally club together Portland Farmers Market and Forest Park while planning their visit to Oregon Historical Society Museum.