Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland
About Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland
Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland - Address, Phone Number
Address: 701 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.9K times in trip plans
Park, Monument, Family And Kids, Fountain, Amphitheater
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Pioneer courtyard square website for details on upcoming events! This 40000 square foot public space that is visited by over 10 million people every year is affectionately called Portland's living room. It is named for the Pioneer Courthouse, 1875 federal building that used to stand to the east of the square. Highlights of the square include:
- An artistic monument to the north side
- Outdoor chess tables
- A fountain designed to look like a cascading waterfall
- An Amphitheater in the center which is frequently used for performances
- Seward Johnson's Allow Me sculpture, also referred to as Umbrella Man
- The weather machine metal column which announces the next day's weather or other flashlight
The square is a location of hundreds of public events and festivals annually. The most popular of these is probably the Portland Farmers Market, which takes over the Pioneer Courthouse Square every Monday. All manner of produce is sold at this time, including vinegars, fruits and vegetables, nuts, juices, jams, ice cream, berries and cheese.
Pioneer Courthouse Square Opening and Closing Hours
- Portland Farmers Market, late June to late September, Mondays only, 10 am to 2 pm.
How To reach Pioneer Courthouse Square by Public Transport
- MAX Blue and Red lines stop Pioneer Square North
- Buses 15, 51, and Downtown express stop SW Washington & Broadway
- Buses 35, 36, 44, 54, 56, 105, 134, 199 stop SW 5th & Alder
- Buses 8, 9, 17, 43, 66 stop SW 6th & Alder
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Portland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Portland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland Reviews - Write a Review
Very nice place to be. There is a Starbucks right in the corner, the street sign pointing to all the cool different locations and distances was awesome (“Great wall of China, x miles) The brickwork is very nice and there is a section of bricks that has peoples names on them. Didn’t look into see who or what they were. There is an information desk that is wonderfully closed on the weekend when visitors come in the first place, but it’s alright.
This is one of my favorite places to take my daughter during the holiday season! The fact that it's so centrally-located makes it a great stopping point while riding the MAX train. If you want to walk around downtown or go shopping, it's in the middle of everything. Good for connecting to the streetcar, buses (including ones to/from WA) and the other max line colors, as well.
I love Pioneer Courthouse Square. I remember a time when it wasn't there and downtown Portland was not a destination spot and the square just pulls all of downtown together. I love the various activities the goes on there. Movies, music, farmers markets. A great place to have lunch and people watch.
Come one! Come all to "Portland's Living Room" as we call it! This is where you can see all of Portland come together at one point or another. Everyone seems to gravitate to the square from time to time to catch a bus, while browsing through stores downtown, or just visiting from out of the city. Musicians, movies in the square, events like a local farmers market spring up here all the time giving life and vibrancy to downtown.
Kat M. You are so cute, THAT I forgot to get your number when I met you here. I'm hoping to run into you again! Pioneer Place rocks always different events here. It really is Portland's living room
- Nearby Attractions
- Heart Coffee
- Portland Farmer's Market - Shemanski Park
- Ruby Jewel Scoops
- Homegrown Smoker Vegan Bbq
- Voodoo Doughnut Too
- Rimsky-korsakoffee House
- Powell's Books On Hawthorne
- Compound Gallery
- A.n.d Cafe
- Portland Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Portland
- What to See in 48 Hours in Portland
- What to See in 72 Hours in Portland
- How to Spend 5 Days in Portland
- How to Spend 6 Days in Portland
- How to Spend 7 Days in Portland