Portland Art Museum, Portland
About Portland Art Museum, Portland
Portland Art Museum, Portland - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1219 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205, United States
Ticket Price: 20 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 14.6K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Portland Art museum, also known as the Portland museum of art (PMA) is an old renowned museum with an extensive collection of contemporary art, remarkable holdings of Maine art, exhibitions, commendable American and European art work and a lot more. The museum exhibits an unparalleled display of antique arts that goes way beyond one's imagination. The art museum screens movies and hosts curator talks as well. A visit to the museum of art is sure to leave you entertained and amused.
Portland Art Museum Information
- Free school tours are available.
- Guided tours are available.
- Events and exhibitions in the museum are free of cost on Fridays post 5:00 pm.
- Visit to the museum is free for members.
Portland Art Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults: $19.99
- Seniors (62 and above): $16.99
- College Students (18 and above, with Student ID): $16.99
- Adult Group Tours (12 or more): $15.99
- Museum Members: Free
- Children‡ (17 or younger): Free
- School group tours (by reservation): Free
- The Museum offers free Museum admission on the first Thursday of every month from 5:00pm to 8:00 pm.
How To reach Portland Art Museum by Public Transport
- By Train: Art Museum Light Rail Station
- Central Library Light Rail Station
- By Bus: Portland Art Museum - 10th and Jefferson (Tri Met stop 3049) bus stop
- SW Salmon & 10th bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Portland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Portland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Portland Art Museum, Portland Reviews - Write a Review
This is a great place to view outstanding art. I've been here both for the casual, unhurried viewing of the much varied works of great art they display, also I've visited during special exhibitions of well known collections. I've never had any problems, the staff are always polite. The building is magnificent and grand. I can always find my way around. The art is always thought provoking and inspiring.
Amazing spot to spend some time to enjoy a wide variety of different art pieces. Highly recommend checking out the special animation exhibit that is currently on display. The sets of Coraline, Kubo and the 2 strings are just amazing to see. The contemporary art collection is not to be missed either. They even participate in Bank of America’s Museums on Us program. Overall a super enjoyable experience and worth a visit.
We went most recently for the LAIKA Studio exhibit. It was so amazing! The rest of the museum has a lot of great pieces to see. It's always worth going while there is an amazing show going on.
A great way to spend a day. I attended the Laika animation exhibit and the main gallery. I really appreciated the Native American show and the found photos of African Americans. Can't wait to bring a date.
It is nicely set up. With a different form of art items in each location (floor or rooms, and buildings). Being from Dallas Texas the art is more sexual here so I would not take my kids. (Blood coming out of a vagina, different items in sex position, ect.) There was more "new aged art" less of the "history of art". The first Thursday on the month is free after 5 (?) . Still a good art building just not what I like.
- Nearby Attractions
- Air Bnb
- 9330 Se Harold St
- 2311-2315 Se Ankeny St
- 8433 N Interstate Ave
- Potato Champion
- 805 Ne Prescott St
- 1752 Se Taylor St
- 4737 Ne Going St
- The Aero Space
- 5314 Se Milwaukie Ave
- Portland Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Portland
- What to See in 48 Hours in Portland
- What to See in 72 Hours in Portland
- How to Spend 5 Days in Portland
- How to Spend 6 Days in Portland
- How to Spend 7 Days in Portland