Portland Art Museum2040 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1219 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5032262811
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Portland Art museum, also known as the Portland museum of art (PMA) is an old renowned museum with an extensive collection of contemporary art, remarkable holdings of Maine art, exhibitions, commendable American and European art work and a lot more. The museum exhibits an unparalleled display of antique arts that goes way beyond one's imagination. The art museum screens movies and hosts curator talks as well. A visit to the museum of art is sure to leave you entertained and amused.
Portland Art Museum Travel Tips
- Free school tours are available.
- Guided tours are available.
- Events and exhibitions in the museum are free of cost on Fridays post 5:00 pm.
- Visit to the museum is free for members.
Entrance Ticket Details For Portland Art Museum
- Adults: $19.99
- Seniors (62 and above): $16.99
- College Students (18 and above, with Student ID): $16.99
- Adult Group Tours (12 or more): $15.99
- Museum Members: Free
- Children‡ (17 or younger): Free
- School group tours (by reservation): Free
- The Museum offers free Museum admission on the first Thursday of every month from 5:00pm to 8:00 pm.
How to Reach Portland Art Museum
- By Train: Art Museum Light Rail Station
- Central Library Light Rail Station
- By Bus: Portland Art Museum - 10th and Jefferson (Tri Met stop 3049) bus stop
- SW Salmon & 10th bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Portland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Portland and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.46% of people who visit Portland include Portland Art Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
39.71% of people start their Portland Art Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Portland Art Museum
90.59% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Portland Art Museum
Portland Art Museum Reviews & Ratings
I love taking my daughter here. The five dollar Friday deal makes it an inexpensive way to expose her to a myriad of artists. Great for those rainy Portland days, especially if you wrap up your visit in their Japanese inspired tea shop.
Very good place to see Art. Able to see different styles (wont say which ones so you can go) but if you like art, and have an appreciation of the quality and the why, where, the artist will want to paint/draw that specific painting then you should go and appreciate it yourself. There are different levels/floors, also different country type drawings. For military is at no cost( at least that's what the counter lady said) but the price its its reasonable, we park on the street about a block away. Will add some pictures,any questions just ask.
Wanted to spend a rainy day inside and I’m so glad I spent it here! Walked around for hours - there’s so much to see! Loved the Hank Willis Thomas exhibit that was going on. The number of galleries was a pleasant surprise, so be sure you to check all of hidden hallways around the corner. 10/10
My family and I have been traveling back and forth between New York City and Portland for the last decade and a half. What a treat it is..consistently. We love being here and love venturing through Portland and discovering treasures like the Portland Art Museum. The exhibits were magnificent--we'll be back...
One of the best ways to spend time in portland is in this exceptional museum. As someone who lives in the city, I often took this space for granted, but no longer! Walking through the gorgeous rooms and walkways with all the stunning art changed my whole week! Definitely worth a visit (or two!)