Are you looking for what to do in Portland?
PLACES TO SEE
- Oregon Zoo: If you are an animal lover, you are bound to love this zoo. But even if you don’t quite like animals, you would be delighted to see the wide variety of animal species in the Oregon zoo for sure. Packy, is undoubtedly the highlight of the zoo being the oldest male elephant alive in Oregon.
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry: Wondering what to do in Portland while visiting with kids? The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is the place to be. The museum is home to a planetarium, wide collection of travel exhibits, a giant-screen theatre, a navy submarine and a lot more.
- The Portland Visitors Information Center: The Portland Visitors Information Center located in downtown at Pioneer Courthouse Square is replete with relevant guidance and tips in the form of broachers and Portland Visitors maps.
THINGS TO DO
- Oneonta Gorge: The Oneonta Gorge is sure to mesmerize your senses with its gorgeous view. The gorge is situated between two hills making hiking a part of a visit to this place. One of the things to do in Portland if you are an outdoorsy type.
- Forest Park: The Forest Park is replete with tall trees, plenty of hiking trails that go from easy to difficult, biking trails, equestrian, trails and vista points. Visiting Portland and not visiting the Forest Park should be considered a crime!
- Shopping: From established brands to street stalls and souvenir boutiques, shopping in Portland is fun, not only because of the fabulous variety but because Sales Tax is not applicable in Portland. You won’t burn a hole in your pocket while shopping in the city! Some shopping destinations- downtown Portland, Pearl District, Nob Hill and Lloyd Centre.
- Nightlife: With many microbreweries and hundreds of bars, Portland’s nightlife is vibrant, exhilarating and intoxicating. Some recommendations- Big Al’s (Sports Bar), Ringlers Pub (live music), Vie de Boheme (winery) and The Alibi Tiki Lounge (Karaoke).
Below we have a list of things to do in Portland and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Portland getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Portland with confidence.