Washington ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 4001 Southwest Canyon Road, Portland, OR 97221, United States
- Timings: 05:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5038232525
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Children Museum, Park, Zoo, Memorial, Family And Kids, Fountain, Picnic Spot, Amphitheater
Washington Park - Review
This is a massive urban public park, 410 acres in size, with more activities packed into its premises than some small towns have. There are over 15 kilometres of trails criss-crossing a prettily landscaped area of diverse trees and flowers, grassy amphitheatres, ponds, miniature waterfalls, gardens, stone stairs, public art, tennis courts and soccer fields and picnic areas. Frankly, the place looks magical.
Highlights of the park include:
- The Oregon Zoo
- The Washington Park Amphitheater, which is the location of many a public concert and the Washington Park Summer Festival
- The Portland Japanese Garden
- The International Rose Test Garden - Shakespearean and alpine garden with 7000 roses in 5000 varieties.
- Rose Garden Children's Park, with the the Elephant House picnic shelter is one of the greatest children’s playgrounds you’ll ever come across.
- The World Forestry Center Discovery Museum
- The 2004 Oregon Holocaust Memorial: a collection of scattered objects, stone benches, granite bars that represent the railroad tracks, all word containing the history of the Holocaust comma names of people who died in the camps and their surviving relatives in Oregon.
- The Washington Park station
- Hoyt Arboretum - 10,000 plants covering 1,100 species
- The 1987 Oregon Vietnam Veterans Memorial - adjacent to Hoyt Arboretum, this is an 8 acre landscaped bowl and amphitheatre, with year specific monument walls.
- The Portland Children's Museum
- The Washington Park & Zoo Railway
- Les AuCoin Plaza
- Archery Range
- Various monuments, including the Lewis and Clark Memorial Column, the Coming of the White Man statue, the Sacajawea and Jean-Baptiste statue, the Chiming Fountain, the Loyal B. Stearns Memorial Fountain, the Frank E. Beach Memorial Fountain and the Royal Rosarian statue.
Washington Park Information
- There is very little parking here.
Washington Park Ticket Prices
- Individual attractions may have their own admission fees.
Washington Park Hours
- Recommended duration suggested here has been for viewing the park only and not all of its individual attractions.
- The Oregon Holocaust Memorial: Open from dusk to dawn.
How To reach Washington Park by Public Transport
- Bus 63 stop SW Rose Garden Blvd & Sherwood.
- MAX Blue and Red lines stop Washington Park MAX Station.
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Portland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Portland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Washington Park
32.95% of people who visit Portland include Washington Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.92% of people start their Washington Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Washington Park
80.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Washington Park
Washington Park Trips
1 View10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Seattle, Vancouver, Portland from Silver SpringBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland