Metropolitan Cathedral, Porto Alegre
About Metropolitan Cathedral, Porto Alegre
Metropolitan Cathedral, Porto Alegre - Address, Phone Number
Address: R. Duque de Caxias, 1047 - Centro, Porto Alegre - RS, 90010-370, Brazil
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 680 times in trip plans
Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in 1920’s, the Metropolitan Cathedral is known for its classic granite construction, fabulous architecture and design. The Cathedral still remains partially closed for visitors, although the dome is now open for everyone to see!
Don’t miss the mosaics which grace its wall, the gorgeous alter, stained glass art-work windows and classic chandeliers!
The Cathedral is a must-see for its sheer beauty, inside and out.
Metropolitan Cathedral Information
- Visits the nearby Theatre Sao Pedro.
Metropolitan Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 am and 6:30 pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 12:10 pm
- Saturday: 5.00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Sunday: 8:30 am, 10 am and 6:30 pm
On the last Sunday of each month, Mass in Spanish is held at 6:30 pm.
- Mass in French - June 14 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in English - June 17 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 21 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in Spanish - June 24 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 29 (Sunday): 6.30 pm
How To reach Metropolitan Cathedral by Public Transport
- Bus: at Marechal Deodoro
- By Lotacao
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Porto Alegre before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto Alegre and book an accommodation of your choice.
Metropolitan Cathedral, Porto Alegre Reviews - Write a Review
Great structure. Not many stained glass windows. Full of history.
Really beautiful. Worth a visit
Very interesting spot to visit and photograph (and pray)
- Nearby Attractions
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Sul - Campus Do Vale
- Tv Pampa-jornalismo
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica Do Rio Grande Do Sul
- Procergs-cia Processamento Dados Do Estado Rio Grande Sul
- Brique Da Redenção
- Anvisa - Agência Nacional De Vigilância Sanitária
- Estádio Olímpico Monumental
- Ilha Da Pintada
- Igreja Nossa Senhora Das Dores
- Santander Cultural
- Porto Alegre Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Porto Alegre
- What to See in 48 Hours in Porto Alegre
- What to See in 72 Hours in Porto Alegre
- How to Spend 5 Days in Porto Alegre
- How to Spend 6 Days in Porto Alegre
- How to Spend 7 Days in Porto Alegre