Metropolitan Cathedral129 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R. Duque de Caxias, 1047 - Centro, Porto Alegre - RS, 90010-370, Brazil
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-5132286001
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Heritage Building
Built in 1920’s, the Metropolitan Cathedral is known for its classic granite construction, fabulous architecture and design. The Cathedral still remains partially closed for visitors, although the dome is now open for everyone to see!
Don’t miss the mosaics which grace its wall, the gorgeous alter, stained glass art-work windows and classic chandeliers!
The Cathedral is a must-see for its sheer beauty, inside and out.
Metropolitan Cathedral Travel Tips
- Visits the nearby Theatre Sao Pedro.
Metropolitan Cathedral Hours
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 am and 6:30 pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 12:10 pm
- Saturday: 5.00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Sunday: 8:30 am, 10 am and 6:30 pm
On the last Sunday of each month, Mass in Spanish is held at 6:30 pm.
- Mass in French - June 14 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in English - June 17 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 21 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in Spanish - June 24 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 29 (Sunday): 6.30 pm
How to Reach Metropolitan Cathedral
- Bus: at Marechal Deodoro
- By Lotacao
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Porto Alegre before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto Alegre and book an accommodation of your choice.
35.64% of people who visit Porto Alegre include Metropolitan Cathedral in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40.63% of people start their Metropolitan Cathedral visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Metropolitan Cathedral
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Metropolitan Cathedral