Metropolitan CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: R. Duque de Caxias, 1047 - Centro, Porto Alegre - RS, 90010-370, Brazil
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-5132286001
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Heritage Building
About Metropolitan Cathedral, Porto Alegre
Built in 1920’s, the Metropolitan Cathedral is known for its classic granite construction, fabulous architecture and design. The Cathedral still remains partially closed for visitors, although the dome is now open for everyone to see!
Don’t miss the mosaics which grace its wall, the gorgeous alter, stained glass art-work windows and classic chandeliers!
The Cathedral is a must-see for its sheer beauty, inside and out.
Metropolitan Cathedral Information
- Visits the nearby Theatre Sao Pedro.
Metropolitan Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 am and 6:30 pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 12:10 pm
- Saturday: 5.00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Sunday: 8:30 am, 10 am and 6:30 pm
On the last Sunday of each month, Mass in Spanish is held at 6:30 pm.
- Mass in French - June 14 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in English - June 17 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 21 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in Spanish - June 24 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 29 (Sunday): 6.30 pm
How To reach Metropolitan Cathedral by Public Transport
- Bus: at Marechal Deodoro
- By Lotacao
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Porto Alegre before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto Alegre and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Metropolitan Cathedral
95% of people who visit Porto Alegre include Metropolitan Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
24.84% of people start their Metropolitan Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Metropolitan Cathedral
84.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Metropolitan Cathedral
Metropolitan Cathedral Map
Metropolitan Cathedral Trips
Metropolitan Cathedral, Porto Alegre Reviews
Imposing building with some interesting architectural features.
Great structure. Not many stained glass windows. Full of history.
Really beautiful. Worth a visit
Very interesting spot to visit and photograph (and pray)
All QuestionsMetropolitan cathedral
- Penders Chapel Missionary Bapt
- Lada Airport
- Oak Lawn Church
- Midlakes Airport
- Magnetic Theater
- Prahls Island County Park
- Lorin Pohlman
- Grace's Landing Airport
- Christian Fellowship Mssnry
- Seventh-Day Adventist Church
- Pine Grove Mobile Home Park
- Pentecostal Church Bless Siloe
- Church Of The Nazarene
- Parkway Plaza 5 Cinemas
- LDS Church Agusta