Metropolitan CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: R. Duque de Caxias, 1047 - Centro, Porto Alegre - RS, 90010-370, Brazil
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-5132286001
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Heritage Building
Metropolitan Cathedral - Review
Built in 1920’s, the Metropolitan Cathedral is known for its classic granite construction, fabulous architecture and design. The Cathedral still remains partially closed for visitors, although the dome is now open for everyone to see!
Don’t miss the mosaics which grace its wall, the gorgeous alter, stained glass art-work windows and classic chandeliers!
The Cathedral is a must-see for its sheer beauty, inside and out.
Metropolitan Cathedral Information
- Visits the nearby Theatre Sao Pedro.
Metropolitan Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 am and 6:30 pm
- Tuesday to Friday: 12:10 pm
- Saturday: 5.00 pm and 6:30 pm
- Sunday: 8:30 am, 10 am and 6:30 pm
On the last Sunday of each month, Mass in Spanish is held at 6:30 pm.
- Mass in French - June 14 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in English - June 17 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 21 (Saturday): 6.30 pm
- Mass in Spanish - June 24 (3rd show.): 6.30 pm and June 29 (Sunday): 6.30 pm
How To reach Metropolitan Cathedral by Public Transport
- Bus: at Marechal Deodoro
- By Lotacao
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Porto Alegre before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto Alegre and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Metropolitan Cathedral
95% of people who visit Porto Alegre include Metropolitan Cathedral in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
23.73% of people start their Metropolitan Cathedral visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Metropolitan Cathedral
85.15% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Metropolitan Cathedral
Metropolitan Cathedral Map
Metropolitan Cathedral Trips
Metropolitan Cathedral, Porto Alegre Reviews
Imposing building with some interesting architectural features.
Great structure. Not many stained glass windows. Full of history.
Really beautiful. Worth a visit
Very interesting spot to visit and photograph (and pray)
All QuestionsMetropolitan cathedral
- Tv Pampa-jornalismo
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica Do Rio Grande Do Sul
- Procergs-cia Processamento Dados Do Estado Rio Grande Sul
- Brique Da Redenção
- Anvisa - Agência Nacional De Vigilância Sanitária
- Estádio Olímpico Monumental
- Salgado Filho International Airport
- Ilha Da Pintada
- Igreja Nossa Senhora Das Dores
- Santander Cultural
- Centro Cultural CEEE Erico Verissimo
- Deschere's Selcted Wines
- St Mary Of Grace Parish Independent Catholic Christian Church
- Church Of The Nazarene
- Delaware County Institute Of Science
- Middletown Presbyterian Church
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Tran
- Second Baptist Church Of Media
- Delaware County Library System
- Stay And Play
- Society For The Performing
- Unitarian Universalist Church Of Delaware County
- Calvary Chapel-Delaware County
- Sanford Camps
- Campbell Michael Jj Rev
- Barrall Community Park