Public MarketCurrently Open [Closes at 07:30 pm]
- Address: Galeria Mercado Público - Centro Histórico, Porto Alegre - RS, 90020-070, Brazil
- Timings: 07:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +55-5132894801
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Cafe, Restaurant, Market, Family And Kids, Architecture
Public Market - Review
The Public market of Porto Alegre is the best way to take in the city’s local life and get familiar with its authentic, relaxed self.
The 19th century building which houses the market is known for its beautiful historic architecture and in the evenings,its warm lights create quiet a mood!
Buy locally made trinkets, jewellery, and fresh food and have a quiet meal later at one its many restaurants and cafes. The Coffee here is an absolute must and a walk around the area is simply the best way to see the heart of the city
Public Market Information
- The market is a good place to buy gifts.
How To reach Public Market by Public Transport
- Bus: At Pereira Parobe TC
- By Lotação
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Porto Alegre before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto Alegre and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Public Market
95% of people who visit Porto Alegre include Public Market in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
53.07% of people start their Public Market visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Public Market
92.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Public Market
Public Market Map
Public Market Trips
Public Market, Porto Alegre Reviews
PoA public market is a gorgeous historic building where you can find patisserie, fresh seafood, beverages, organic food, etc. It’s hard to find a parking spot around but you can easily get there by bus/taxi/uber.
Best place to buy dried goods, seasoning, fish and many other things. It's a mandatory visit if you are a tourist.
Used to be beautiful but now is forgotten. Elevators, escalators, bathrooms... Nothing works... Dirty
A must-see attraction in Porto Alegre. Lots of restaurants, caffés and food stores.
Dirty but cozy, what a tradicional place to be, with a huge variety of products.
All QuestionsPublic market
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica Do Rio Grande Do Sul
- Procergs-cia Processamento Dados Do Estado Rio Grande Sul
- Brique Da Redenção
- Anvisa - Agência Nacional De Vigilância Sanitária
- Estádio Olímpico Monumental
- Salgado Filho International Airport
- Igreja Nossa Senhora Das Dores
- Museu Do Trabalho
- Parque Germania
- Santander Cultural
- Centro Cultural CEEE Erico Verissimo
- One Life Mission Church
- Terhune-Gardner-Lindenmeyr House
- St Matthew's Episcopal Church
- The Sports Complex
- Van Saun Dog Park
- Van Saun Park Train Ride
- Indian Hills Farms
- Besen Park
- Van Saun Park
- Gabrielle Art & Frame Of Paramus
- Center-Bus & Spiritual Devmnt
- Church Of Jesus
- Don Robert Orchestras
- Sirianni Park
- Congregation K'hal Adath Jeshurun