Are you looking for what to do in Porto Alegre?
PLACES TO SEE
The city is known for its famous sightseeing places. However, the following places are a must on your list of ‘things to see’ while in Porto Alegre.
- Farroupilha Park: Established in the 1930’s, the Farroupilha Park is one of the biggest urban gardens in Porto Alegre and is known for its highly maintained greens, street musicians, and food!
- Museum of Science and Technology (PUCRS): See trending exhibits which relate to the progress in Science- from Medicine, Physics, Biology to Chemistry. The place is known for its interactive features and state-of-the-art displays.
- Arena do Grêmio: Catching a Soccer game at the Arena do Gremio is half the experience of Porto Alegre. The acoustics, design and sheer spirit during the games, make it a special must-see.
- Moinhos de Vento Park: Moinhos de Vento Park is another one of city’s beautiful Parks with a shopping delight! A romantic venue by night, you can take a walk with your loved one under its lights, grab a bit at one of the Food kiosks, or simply relax with a pint of beer.
- Estádio Beira-Rio: The most beautiful stadium in Porto Alegre and the host venue of the FIFA World Cup in 2014, the Estádio Beira-Rio is a marvel in itself. The whole stadium lights up in the night owing to its impeccable technology and a free pass during the day make it a loved attraction.
THINGS TO DO
Nightlife in Porto Alegre is perfect to unwind near the city centre after a long day of sightseeing.
- Dublin Irish Pub: The youth- favourite in Porto Alegre, the Dublin Irish Pub offers good food with foot tapping music. The happy hours are a local favourite.
- Wood's Porto Alegre: If you want to go dancing, Wood’s Porto Alegre is where you should be. The place also offers good food and drinks to go with it.
- Dirty Old Man: A Pub with a wide ‘drinks’ menu and an enviable collection of Craft Beer make the ‘Dirty Old Man’ one of the best night-hubs in Porto Alegre.
Port Alegre offers a rare shopping experience- from the local walk-in, open markets at one of its parks, to high end supermarkets!
- Mercado Publico de Porto Alegre (Central Public Market): The city market of Porto Alegre has something for everyone and is a favorite among tourists and locals alike. Stop by at the place to shop or bite into one of its gourmet food items. A ‘must-have’ here, is the coffee!
- Santander Cultural Complex: The Santander Cultural offers all the fun things to do under one roof. From retail shops to art galleries, to small cafes, the place is perfect if you want to see the city’s art pulse and soak in its shopping therapy.
- Iguatemi Shopping center: The ultimate place to shop till you drop, the Iguatemi Shopping Complex is shopping on adrenaline. The prices are pretty high but window- shopping here is just as much fun.
Below we have a list of things to do in Porto Alegre and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Porto Alegre getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Porto Alegre with confidence.