Events and Festivals in Porto, Portugal
Events and Festivals in Porto
- January: King’s day is held on the 6th of January and is celebrated in Porto with just as much joy and fervour as Christmas and New Year. It marks the end of Christmas celebrations in the city. A good time to gorge on the delicious bakery items in Porto, including the eponymous King’s Cake made especially for the festival.
- February: Fantasporto is Porto’s film festival dedicated to the genre of fantasy films. It takes place at the RivoliTeatro Municipal and goes on till the month of March.
- May: Queima das Fitas is a festival for the students of Porto. It is a period of no holds barred fun before the official study period begins. It is a weeklong event featuring a variety of concerts, parades, parties and more.
- June: Sao Joao Festival takes place on the night of 23th June and happens to be the most popular festival of Porto. It is customary for people to eat boiled potatoes, sardines along with red wine for dinner that day.
- July: July is the time for the Serralves Festival. It is held over a weekend and is in celebration of contemporary arts. This translates into non-stop music, dance, film and theatre activities.
- August: Carnival comes to town with Assumption Day. A day of parades, costume parties and fireworks from dawn to dusk.
- November: The Porto Marathon takes place in the first week of November. The route includes the Porto city centre and the southern bank of River Douro.
Trip plans for Porto
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Porto
Porto Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Porto
Save 17%Turisbike Rent a Bike and Biking Tours New on TripHobo
Duration: 5 Hrs
Tours with guide To get to know the historical sites or recreation in the countryside or mountain tours can be scheduled and ...
Save 7%Private Douro River Sailing Cruise New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs
Experience the beauty of Porto in a whole new way on this 2-hour private sailing cruise aboard the Argonauta, a 31-foot, char...
Save 7%Turisbike by bike tour from Porto to Santiago de Compostela New on TripHobo
Duration: 6 Days
STRENGTHS OF THE EVENT:A - Cidade do Porto: Tour through downtown with visit to the wine cellars of Porto and Boat trip on th...
Save 7%Foodies unite! Discover Porto's historic centre on foot and enjoy its cuisine New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Choose between a Classic afternoon tour or the early evening Panoramic tour. Your guide will show you hidden gems and take yo...
- Events & Festivals in Lisbon
- Events & Festivals in Lagos
- Events & Festivals in Coimbra
- Events & Festivals in Faro
- Events & Festivals in Albufeira
- Events & Festivals in Cascais