Events and Festivals in Porto
- January: King’s day is held on the 6th of January and is celebrated in Porto with just as much joy and fervour as Christmas and New Year. It marks the end of Christmas celebrations in the city. A good time to gorge on the delicious bakery items in Porto, including the eponymous King’s Cake made especially for the festival.
- February: Fantasporto is Porto’s film festival dedicated to the genre of fantasy films. It takes place at the RivoliTeatro Municipal and goes on till the month of March.
- May: Queima das Fitas is a festival for the students of Porto. It is a period of no holds barred fun before the official study period begins. It is a weeklong event featuring a variety of concerts, parades, parties and more.
- June: Sao Joao Festival takes place on the night of 23th June and happens to be the most popular festival of Porto. It is customary for people to eat boiled potatoes, sardines along with red wine for dinner that day.
- July: July is the time for the Serralves Festival. It is held over a weekend and is in celebration of contemporary arts. This translates into non-stop music, dance, film and theatre activities.
- August: Carnival comes to town with Assumption Day. A day of parades, costume parties and fireworks from dawn to dusk.
- November: The Porto Marathon takes place in the first week of November. The route includes the Porto city centre and the southern bank of River Douro.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Porto
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Porto
Douro Valley Tour: Wine Tasting, River Cruise and Lunch From Porto281 Reviews
Duration: 9 HrsBook Now
Porto: 3-Hour Food and Wine Tasting Tour - Guided Experience312 Reviews
Duration: 3 HrsBook Now
Porto city tour with Port Wine Tasting and Dinner with Fado Show46 Reviews
Duration: 8 HrsBook Now
Porto Full Day Trip - Private Tour from Lisbon66 Reviews
Duration: 10 HrsBook Now