Events and Festivals in Porto
- January: King’s day is held on the 6th of January and is celebrated in Porto with just as much joy and fervour as Christmas and New Year. It marks the end of Christmas celebrations in the city. A good time to gorge on the delicious bakery items in Porto, including the eponymous King’s Cake made especially for the festival.
- February: Fantasporto is Porto’s film festival dedicated to the genre of fantasy films. It takes place at the RivoliTeatro Municipal and goes on till the month of March.
- May: Queima das Fitas is a festival for the students of Porto. It is a period of no holds barred fun before the official study period begins. It is a weeklong event featuring a variety of concerts, parades, parties and more.
- June: Sao Joao Festival takes place on the night of 23th June and happens to be the most popular festival of Porto. It is customary for people to eat boiled potatoes, sardines along with red wine for dinner that day.
- July: July is the time for the Serralves Festival. It is held over a weekend and is in celebration of contemporary arts. This translates into non-stop music, dance, film and theatre activities.
- August: Carnival comes to town with Assumption Day. A day of parades, costume parties and fireworks from dawn to dusk.
- November: The Porto Marathon takes place in the first week of November. The route includes the Porto city centre and the southern bank of River Douro.
Trip plans for Porto
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Porto
Porto Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Porto
Save 7%Santiago de Compostela and Valena do Minho Day Trip from Porto with Lunch102 Reviews
Duration: 11 Hrs
Cross the border into Spain and retrace part of St James Way a sacred route followed by centuries of pilgrims on a visit to...
Save 10%Santiago de Compostela and Viana do Castelo Small-Group Day Trip from Porto3 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Visit Santiago de Compostela, one of the most important pilgrimage sites on the world on this 10-hour tour from Porto. An exp...
Save 7%Full-Day Tour to Santiago de Compostela and Valena do Minho from Porto20 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Santiago de Compostela, is one of the most magical cities in Galicia, Spain. Santiago concentrates in itself, culture, religi...
Save 7%4-Hour Porto City Tour with Six Bridges Cruise and Wine Tasting26 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Enjoy our guided tour by Porto, northern Portugal's capital and UNESCO World Heritage Site, meeting the most emblematic place...
- Events & Festivals in Cedofeita
- Events & Festivals in Foz Do Douro
- Events & Festivals in Fânzeres
- Events & Festivals in Moreira
- Events & Festivals in Lavra
- Events & Festivals in São Félix Da Marinha