Events and Festivals in Porto
- January: King’s day is held on the 6th of January and is celebrated in Porto with just as much joy and fervour as Christmas and New Year. It marks the end of Christmas celebrations in the city. A good time to gorge on the delicious bakery items in Porto, including the eponymous King’s Cake made especially for the festival.
- February: Fantasporto is Porto’s film festival dedicated to the genre of fantasy films. It takes place at the RivoliTeatro Municipal and goes on till the month of March.
- May: Queima das Fitas is a festival for the students of Porto. It is a period of no holds barred fun before the official study period begins. It is a weeklong event featuring a variety of concerts, parades, parties and more.
- June: Sao Joao Festival takes place on the night of 23th June and happens to be the most popular festival of Porto. It is customary for people to eat boiled potatoes, sardines along with red wine for dinner that day.
- July: July is the time for the Serralves Festival. It is held over a weekend and is in celebration of contemporary arts. This translates into non-stop music, dance, film and theatre activities.
- August: Carnival comes to town with Assumption Day. A day of parades, costume parties and fireworks from dawn to dusk.
- November: The Porto Marathon takes place in the first week of November. The route includes the Porto city centre and the southern bank of River Douro.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Porto
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Porto
Save 10%Douro Valley Tour: Wine Tasting, River Cruise and Lunch From Porto12 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Spend a full day taking in the landscapes of the Douro Valley, traveling in a comfortable vehicle that seats 4 or 8 people. S...
Save 4%Port Wine Lodges Tour Including 7 Wine Tastings44 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Experience what makes Port Wine unique and how it distinguishes from other wines. Learn how and when to consume it and to ide...
Save 7%Full-Day Tour to Santiago de Compostela and Valena do Minho with Lunch from Porto20 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Santiago de Compostela, is one of the most magical cities in Galicia, Spain. Santiago concentrates in itself, culture, religi...
Save 10%Santiago de Compostela and Viana do Castelo Small-Group Day Trip from Porto4 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Visit Santiago de Compostela, one of the most important pilgrimage sites on the world on this 10-hour tour from Porto. An exp...