Funicular Dos Guindais2047 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Av. Gustavo Eiffel, 4050-297 Porto, Portugal
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +351-225081000
- Tags: View Point
The original funicular was created in 1891 but had to soon be shut down after an accident. As Porto grew into a large city, the funicular railway was introduced in 2004 with a purpose of improving public transport. It runs from Batalha Square to the base of the Duoro River at Gaia.
Funicular dos Guindais is a single track system and has 2 vehicles at its disposal. It is 281 m in length and traverses a slope of 90 m.
At any given time, a single vessel can carry 25 people. The journey is steady and smooth, takes about 5 minutes and the view beyond the tunnel is simply priceless.
As passengers emerge out of the funicular tunnel, they can enjoy a wonderful sight of the Dom Luis Bridge over the Duoro River. After getting down at the bottom, passengers can settle down for a drink or a meal at the Ribeira, take a walk across the Dom Luis or go for a wonderful boat ride across the Duoro.
If you wish to head up to Batalha Square from the river side, save yourself the exercise and hop onto the quick and inexpensive funicular – you won’t regret it!
Funicular Dos Guindais Travel Tips
- If you have the Adante ticket, you can use it on the funicular trip as well as the Porto Metro and selected bus services.
Entrance Ticket Details For Funicular Dos Guindais
- The ticket price refers to a one way journey on the funicular.
- Discounts on the ticket fare are available.
Funicular Dos Guindais Hours
- Funicular dos Guindais runs every day. On weekends and holidays, the funicular operates until midnight.
- The opening hours vary from month to month.
How to Reach Funicular Dos Guindais
- By Metro: Line D – Sao Bento
- Dom Tonho – Restaurante e Bar
- RestauranteTaberna De Bebobos
- Peter Café Sport Porto
- Bar O Meu Mercedes
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Porto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.67% of people who visit Porto include Funicular Dos Guindais in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.14% of people start their Funicular Dos Guindais visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Funicular Dos Guindais
55.37% of people prefer walking in order to reach Funicular Dos Guindais