How to Reach Porto
The Easiest Way to Reach Porto
- By Air: The nearest airport is Francisco de Sa Carneiro, PedrasRubras. It is located 15 km away from Porto. Porto Metro connects the city to this airport.
- By Train: Sao Bento is the central station of Porto. Campanha is another major station. The national train network is very well connected. Porto has regular connections to major cities across Europe.
- By Bus: Direct bus connections to Porto are available from all main European countries. Nationally, ALSA and AUTNA run regular bus services to Porto.
- By Car: Porto has a number of highways connecting it to other parts of Portugal. These are A1, A29, A3, A28 and A4. A1 connects Porto to Lisbon. The city suffers from hectic traffic which only gets worse during rush hours.
- By Tram: The trams operating in Porto has been around since the late 19th century. The tram still uses vintage tramcars a Porto tourism landmark!
- By Bus: STCP runs an extensive bus network in Porto. A single bus journey costs € 1.50. You can use both the Andante Card as well as the STCP tickets on these buses.
- By Metro: Porto Metro services the city through 6 metro lines A (blue), B (red), C (green), D (yellow), E (purple) and F (orange).
- By Car: As is true of any other major city in the world, driving in Porto can be quite dreadful. Most of the tourist areas have narrow streets and the area in general is very hilly. Cobbled paths and insane traffic makes it difficult to drive in Porto. Porto itineraries best avoid this.
- By Funicular: This cable car covers the steep route between Batalha Square and Ribeira. Apart from saving you the trouble of walking this hilly stretch, it also offers amazing views of the city and the Douro River.
- By Taxi: Taxi services are easily available in Porto but considerably more expensive than buses or metros.
- By Boat: Boat cruises and ferry rides are available and connect Porto to neighbouring towns.
- By Helicopter: Visitors have the option of experiences Porto from above. Private as well as shared flights are offered although the latter would be a cheaper option.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Porto and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Porto
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Porto. The most preferred mode of transport in Porto is Car.
Average distance: 12.59 km Average time: 31.15 min
Car 47.73%Driving 26.71 min Walking 0.57 min Overall average time for 19.86 kms 27.29 min
Bus/Trolleybus 6.82%Bus 21.67 min Waiting 11 min Walking 6 min Train 2.33 min Overall average time for 4.73 kms 41 min
Motorbike 2.27%Motorbike 20 min Overall average time for 11 kms 20 min
Walking 25%Walking 32.73 min Driving 3.55 min Train 2.73 min Motorbike 0.91 min Waiting 0.82 min Overall average time for 4.64 kms 40.73 min
Train/Metro 6.82%Train 16.67 min Walking 8.67 min Waiting 3.67 min Overall average time for 6.33 kms 29 min
Bike 2.27%Bike 13 min Overall average time for 2 kms 13 min
- How to reach Cities Near Porto
- How to reach Tamengos
- How to reach Almargem
- How to reach Pereira
- How to reach Maiorca
- How to reach Massarelos
- How to reach Cabeço De Montachique
- How to reach Casais De Revelhos
- How to reach Vide
- How to reach Mata
- How to reach Caramulo
- How to reach Santa Iria Da Azóia
- How to reach Pedorido
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Verul
- How to reach Raigarh Fort
- How to reach Badnapur
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach Udaipur
- How to reach Accra
- How to reach Algiers
- How to reach Doha
- How to reach Ratnagiri
- How to reach Petersfield