Museu Militar do Porto was established in 1977 will the aim of preserving Portugal’s military history. The idea of a military museum was conceived by an artist around the turn of the 19th century when he began documenting military history. When this stupendous collection was presented before the Portuguese President in 1920, the state began formulating a plan for a consolidated military museum in Porto.
- You will find equipment, weapons, uniforms and other historically relevant material on display. Firearms, artillery pieces and combat vehicles from 15th century onwards form a major section of the museum’s permanent exhibition.
- The museum’s collection of about 16,000 miniature soldiers depicting the transition from the ancient to the modern form of warfare is very popular with the visitors.
Museu Militar do Porto regularly hosts many travelling exhibitions. The museum’s library is open to the general public.
Museu Militar Do Porto Travel Tips
- Guided tours at the museum are conducted from Tuesday to Friday.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museu Militar Do Porto
- Concessions on ticket price is available for children (7-17) and senior citizens.
- On Sundays, entry into the museum is free until 12:30 pm.
- Porto Card holders can avail a 50 % discount on ticket price.
Museu Militar Do Porto Hours
During holidays, opening times may vary.
How to Reach Museu Militar Do Porto
- By Metro: Line A, B Expresso
- B, C, E, F - Heroismo
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Porto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.75% of people who visit Porto include Museu Militar Do Porto in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
93.36% of people start their Museu Militar Do Porto visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museu Militar Do Porto
92.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museu Militar Do Porto