Palacio Da Bolsa2439 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Rua Ferreira Borges, 4050-253 Porto, Portugal
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +351-223399000
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Architecture , Unesco Site
Palacio da Bolsa served as a stock exchange building in the 1800s. The Neoclassical style façade of the Palacio da Bolsa dates back to the 19th century. Even though the general structure of the palace was finished by 1850, ornate architectural details continued to be added till the early 20th century by different architects. It has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The ‘Nation’s Courtyard’ is the central courtyard of the palace and one of its main attractions. It has a large magnificent metallic dome lined with glass pieces and painted emblems of Portugal and nations linked to it commercially.
- The Arab Room: is a favourite with many visitors. It is distinguished from the rest of the palace by its Moorish architecture. Other rooms such as the Tribunal Room, Gold Room and Assembly Room are a quintessential symbol of luxuriant artwork and interior decoration in Portugal.
- Another beautiful feature of the Palacio da Bolsa is the elaborate staircase leading to the upper sections of the palace.
- The ceiling is painted over by António Ramalho’s magnificent frescoes.
The place is still serves as a favourite location to host State receptions.
Palacio Da Bolsa Travel Tips
- There is a restaurant on the palace premises.
- Photography inside the palace is forbidden.
- The tour is conducted in Portuguese and English.
Entrance Ticket Details For Palacio Da Bolsa
- The ticket price refers to the price of an official 30 minute tour of the palace that visitors are obliged to take.
- Children can enter for free. Discount is available for senior citizens.
How to Reach Palacio Da Bolsa
- By Metro: Line D - Sao Bento station
- Restaurante O Comercial
- Casa da Horta – Associacao Cultural
- Restaurante Cozzza Rio
- Solar Do Patio
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Porto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Porto include Palacio Da Bolsa in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.86% of people start their Palacio Da Bolsa visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Palacio Da Bolsa
85.66% of people prefer walking in order to reach Palacio Da Bolsa
Palacio Da Bolsa Reviews & Ratings
It costs 10 Euro or 7.5 euro with a Porto card to enter and you need to attend a guided tour which takes around 45 minutes. Groups can be up to 50 I'm size and note that the size of some rooms makes it difficult to hear. The rooms are impressive but it would also be good to just walk around. Note that sometimes is it closed for private functions
We had to wait 30 min for a tour, but in the end, I think it was OK at best. Some rooms are worth visiting. Beware that the central room/zone of the castle may be reserved for event of some sorts.
Impressive interior but not worth waiting a couple of hours for an available slot and then the tour lasting only 30minutes. Plus the vacuum cleaner closing one of the main rooms and making hearing the guide very challenging was somewhat disappointing
One of the most beautiful buildings that I had visit in this city. On a first site 10€ per person sounds a little bit pricey, but I tell you you won’t regretted. This will include a 45min tour explaining the provenance of the house and how it’s influence remains until today. Only one down point wasn’t a clear separation of tours which cause some disturbance.
Recommended. A really nice building. Entry only by official guide. Schedule by different languages. We took an English guide at 1800. The guide was interesting and took around 45 mins. Very friendly staff and open for questions.