Palacio Da Bolsa, Porto
About Palacio Da Bolsa, Porto
Palacio Da Bolsa, Porto - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Rua Ferreira Borges, 4050-253 Porto, Portugal
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 20.3K times in trip plans
Architecture , Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Palacio da Bolsa served as a stock exchange building in the 1800s. The Neoclassical style façade of the Palacio da Bolsa dates back to the 19th century. Even though the general structure of the palace was finished by 1850, ornate architectural details continued to be added till the early 20th century by different architects. It has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The ‘Nation’s Courtyard’ is the central courtyard of the palace and one of its main attractions. It has a large magnificent metallic dome lined with glass pieces and painted emblems of Portugal and nations linked to it commercially.
- The Arab Room: is a favourite with many visitors. It is distinguished from the rest of the palace by its Moorish architecture. Other rooms such as the Tribunal Room, Gold Room and Assembly Room are a quintessential symbol of luxuriant artwork and interior decoration in Portugal.
- Another beautiful feature of the Palacio da Bolsa is the elaborate staircase leading to the upper sections of the palace.
- The ceiling is painted over by António Ramalho’s magnificent frescoes.
The place is still serves as a favourite location to host State receptions.
Palacio Da Bolsa Information
- There is a restaurant on the palace premises.
- Photography inside the palace is forbidden.
- The tour is conducted in Portuguese and English.
Palacio Da Bolsa Ticket Prices
- The ticket price refers to the price of an official 30 minute tour of the palace that visitors are obliged to take.
- Children can enter for free. Discount is available for senior citizens.
How To reach Palacio Da Bolsa by Public Transport
- By Metro: Line D - Sao Bento station
Restaurants Near Palacio Da Bolsa
- Restaurante O Comercial
- Casa da Horta – Associacao Cultural
- Restaurante Cozzza Rio
- Solar Do Patio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Porto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palacio Da Bolsa, Porto Reviews - Write a Review
Lovely Palace, with rich historical landmarks!But to visit inside the palace you will have to get a paid(8€) guided tour, which is offered in different languages, for only half an hour. Most attractive part of the Palace is the Arabic room.They also have cafe and washrooms for tourists inside the palace
Was closed for a conference. Check opening before you go if this place is important to you. That said, what we could see through the doors and windows looked beautiful.
Let me put this way: it's wonderful, but it's too quick and a bit overpriced... BUT it's wonderful... worth a first visit to take your own conclusions.
Definitely worth the visit! This palace is in my opinion one of the highlights in Porto, make sure you find time to see it. Visiting is only possible with guides (in different languages) at specific hours - make sure you check the hours before, as you will not be able to simply pay and go in. The tour was a great short insight in Porto's trading/commerce history.
Don't miss the good wine tasting inside the building at a decent price. Though the modern ambient is quite untipical ****
- Nearby Attractions
- Crowne Plaza Porto
- Saint Anthony's Church Congregados
- Rua Da Picaria 42
- Monument Church Of St Francis
- R. De Mouzinho Da Silveira 149
- Wine Quay Bar
- Porto Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Porto
- What to See in 48 Hours in Porto
- What to See in 72 Hours in Porto
- How to Spend 5 Days in Porto
- How to Spend 6 Days in Porto
- How to Spend 7 Days in Porto