Palacio Da BolsaCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Rua Ferreira Borges, 4050-253 Porto, Portugal
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +351-223399000
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Architecture , Unesco Site
Palacio da Bolsa served as a stock exchange building in the 1800s. The Neoclassical style façade of the Palacio da Bolsa dates back to the 19th century. Even though the general structure of the palace was finished by 1850, ornate architectural details continued to be added till the early 20th century by different architects. It has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The ‘Nation’s Courtyard’ is the central courtyard of the palace and one of its main attractions. It has a large magnificent metallic dome lined with glass pieces and painted emblems of Portugal and nations linked to it commercially.
- The Arab Room: is a favourite with many visitors. It is distinguished from the rest of the palace by its Moorish architecture. Other rooms such as the Tribunal Room, Gold Room and Assembly Room are a quintessential symbol of luxuriant artwork and interior decoration in Portugal.
- Another beautiful feature of the Palacio da Bolsa is the elaborate staircase leading to the upper sections of the palace.
- The ceiling is painted over by António Ramalho’s magnificent frescoes.
The place is still serves as a favourite location to host State receptions.
- There is a restaurant on the palace premises.
- Photography inside the palace is forbidden.
- The tour is conducted in Portuguese and English.
- The ticket price refers to the price of an official 30 minute tour of the palace that visitors are obliged to take.
- Children can enter for free. Discount is available for senior citizens.
- By Metro: Line D - Sao Bento station
- Restaurante O Comercial
- Casa da Horta – Associacao Cultural
- Restaurante Cozzza Rio
- Solar Do Patio
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Porto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Porto and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Porto include Palacio Da Bolsa in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.86% of people start their Palacio Da Bolsa visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Palacio Da Bolsa
85.66% of people prefer walking in order to reach Palacio Da Bolsa
Amazing piece of city history. The English tour guide was quite witty and really interesting to listen to, extremely professional and ready to answer any question both about the establishment and the city in general. The tour is worth every euro.
Beautiful building, incredible artistry. It’s nine euros for a half hour tour. You must take a guided tour and they have them in different languages. I arrived at 10 minutes of nine (they open right at nine) and was third in line to purchase my tickets. I was told I couldn’t use the restroom because the tour was starting right away. The tour guide literally said can you hold it. It was only a group of seven of us and the bathroom was right there. Anyhow other than that it’s an architectural in visual masterpiece. I recommend a torch just be sure and use the restroom first
We really wanted to see it but you can't just rock up and walk in. They have tours in different languages (which is super nice idea) but you need to come and get your ticket in advance as often tours in English are full if you come last minute. Tours in each language are few times a day only, so it's necessary to plan your visit.
A beautiful historic sight to see in Porto. The tours are timed and done in language groups. I would suggest going a little early to buy the ticket and book in for your time slot, and then go grab an espresso or a beer nearby while you wait. Inside, the absolute must-see room is near the end of the tour.
They only give guided tours at scheduled times, so don't expect to just walk in. Buy tickets the day before or in the morning to you can plan your day. The tour is great, very informative and the building interior is fascinating and quite stunning.qq