Porto Seguro Tourism
A City with beautiful beaches becomes an instant hit with tourists. Porto Seguro has not only that to offer to you, but also a vibrant and happening nightlife. The days can be described as calm and quiet as the city does not witness a lot of activity during the day. That in a way works perfectly for a tourist, as in all probability he would be recovering from a wild night that he has been lucky enough to experience. An even better remedy for that hangover would be a visit to the mellow village of nearby Arraial d’Ajuda. The ferry literally sets you on an experience of a lifetime; the beautiful coast line and pretty beaches are all you need to have that perfect rejuvenating conversation with yourself. Porto Seguro does not hide all its beauty in its seas and white sand beaches; even its history is equally mesmerizing. Historically, it is very significant as this was the place from where Portuguese sailors first entered the land which was not known as Brazil back then.
Porto Seguro has an adequately sized historical center- enough to satisfy all your queries. Do not miss the lovely colorful colonial houses as they are probably your only chance to get away from the lovely whites and blues of the beach. Porto Seguro also has preserved areas of Mata Atlantica, which was an originally a jungle found by the Portuguese when they had arrived in the year 1500. Recife De Fora is a very famous tour that you can take to witness the sea life here. Passarela Do Alcool is another place here which is your one stop solution to all your wine and dine problems. So visit, sit back, relax, explore the history and be grateful to god for such a wonderful creation!
Essential travel information and Porto Seguro tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC−03:00
- Currency: Brazilian Real
- Electricity: The voltage in Porto Seguro is 110 V and the frequency is 60 Hz.
- Internet- The Internet speed is fairly high. But free wifi is not readily available.
- Languages: Brazilians speak Portuguese with a local touch to the language. German and Italian are also widely spoken in Porto Seguro, along with English in touristy areas.
- Emergency Contact numbers: Military Police (first number to call) 190 or 911, Ambulance 192, Fire Department 193, Civil Police 1970.
- Do not take drinks from strangers.
- Do not carry a lot of money with you.
- Do not travel alone or walk at night.
- Av Beira Mar- muggings are common at night. Avoid walking.
Off Beaten Path
- Enjoy a day at the beach bar, they are quite under rated.
- Visit the village of Trancoso to explore the history of the city in a different way.
- Eat at Aipim.
- At almost all restaurants and bars, a standard "serviço" service fee of 10% is included as a line item at the end of the "conta" or bill. It is not compulsory.
- It is not customary to give tips in Brazil. Only if you find the service exceptional and have a good exchange rate, you can let people know by being generous.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Porto Seguro
Arraial d'Ajuda Eco Parque Admission Ticket in Porto SeguroNew on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Visit one of Brazils mostnatural water parks with the Arraial d'Ajuda Eco Parque admission ticket. This ticket grants you acc...Book Now
Save 7%Coroa Vermelha Day Trip from Porto SeguroNew on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Take a full day trip and get to know this historical and beautiful place which officially occurred on the discovery of Brazil...
Save 12%Memorial da Epopeia do Descobrimento Admission Ticket with Guided TourNew on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs
Theattractionis a beautiful site that shows a bit of the story of the arrival of the Portuguese colonizers to Brazil. Your ad...
Save 7%Shared Shuttle between Porto Seguro Airport and HotelsNew on TripHobo
Be met at the airport and taken directly to your hotel or vice-versa. A representative will greet you after you clear airport...
Climate Index 91.27 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.