Porto Seguro Tourism, Brazil
Visit Porto Seguro - Best of Porto Seguro
A City with beautiful beaches becomes an instant hit with tourists. Porto Seguro has not only that to offer to you, but also a vibrant and happening nightlife. The days can be described as calm and quiet as the city does not witness a lot of activity during the day. That in a way works perfectly for a tourist, as in all probability he would be recovering from a wild night that he has been lucky enough to experience. An even better remedy for that hangover would be a visit to the mellow village of nearby Arraial d’Ajuda. The ferry literally sets you on an experience of a lifetime; the beautiful coast line and pretty beaches are all you need to have that perfect rejuvenating conversation with yourself. Porto Seguro does not hide all its beauty in its seas and white sand beaches; even its history is equally mesmerizing. Historically, it is very significant as this was the place from where Portuguese sailors first entered the land which was not known as Brazil back then.
Porto Seguro has an adequately sized historical center- enough to satisfy all your queries. Do not miss the lovely colorful colonial houses as they are probably your only chance to get away from the lovely whites and blues of the beach. Porto Seguro also has preserved areas of Mata Atlantica, which was an originally a jungle found by the Portuguese when they had arrived in the year 1500. Recife De Fora is a very famous tour that you can take to witness the sea life here. Passarela Do Alcool is another place here which is your one stop solution to all your wine and dine problems. So visit, sit back, relax, explore the history and be grateful to god for such a wonderful creation!
Porto Seguro Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Porto Seguro tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC−03:00
- Currency: Brazilian Real
- Electricity: The voltage in Porto Seguro is 110 V and the frequency is 60 Hz.
- Internet- The Internet speed is fairly high. But free wifi is not readily available.
- Languages: Brazilians speak Portuguese with a local touch to the language. German and Italian are also widely spoken in Porto Seguro, along with English in touristy areas.
- Emergency Contact numbers: Military Police (first number to call) 190 or 911, Ambulance 192, Fire Department 193, Civil Police 1970.
- Do not take drinks from strangers.
- Do not carry a lot of money with you.
- Do not travel alone or walk at night.
- Av Beira Mar- muggings are common at night. Avoid walking.
Off Beaten Path
- Enjoy a day at the beach bar, they are quite under rated.
- Visit the village of Trancoso to explore the history of the city in a different way.
- Eat at Aipim.
- At almost all restaurants and bars, a standard "serviço" service fee of 10% is included as a line item at the end of the "conta" or bill. It is not compulsory.
- It is not customary to give tips in Brazil. Only if you find the service exceptional and have a good exchange rate, you can let people know by being generous.
Are you looking for a Porto Seguro travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Porto Seguro- Know before you go to Porto Seguro
Facts and Stats for Porto Seguro*
Living in Porto Seguro - Quality of Life
Climate Index 91.27 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Porto Seguro Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Porto Seguro
Porto Seguro Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Porto Seguro
Trancoso Day Trip from Porto Seguro New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Discover the village of Trancoso, Nativos Beach and Rio Trancoso and enjoy its unique beauties. Check out the Square of Tranc...Book Now
Coroa Vermelha Day Trip from Porto Seguro New on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Take a full day trip and get to know this historical and beautiful place which officially occurred on the discovery of Brazil...Book Now
Shared Shuttle between Porto Seguro Airport and Hotels New on TripHobo
Be met at the airport and taken directly to your hotel or vice-versa. A representative will greet you after you clear airport...Book Now
Full Day Arraial D'Ajuda District Tour New on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Travel to the Arraial D'Ajuda district where it hosts heavenly beaches, best preserved and least populated and the typical wa...Book Now
- Comandatuba Tourism
- Ilheus Tourism
- Itabuna Tourism
- Uruçuca Tourism
- Ubaitaba Tourism
- Itacaré Tourism
- Maraú Tourism
- Panelas Tourism
- Camamu Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- Belo Horizonte Tourism
- Recife Tourism
- Joao Pessoa Tourism
- Belem Tourism
- Campos Do Jordao Tourism