How to Reach Portofino
HOW TO GET TO PORTOFINO
- By Air: The nearest airport to Portofino is the Genoa Airport which is located at a distance of about 45 kilometers. It operates various international and domestic flights that come in from UK as well as the rest of Europe. There are various rental car services available from the airport and most hotels have a shuttle service for you to avail.
- By Car: Italy is well connected via road. You can drive from Florence or the rest of Tuscany conveniently as they are located quite close.
- By Train: The nearest train station to Portofino is Santa Margherita Ligure-Portofino and has trains coming on from Rome, Genoa as well as Florence.
- By Ferry: Get to Portofino by any place on the Ligurian Coast. The views are simply breath-taking on the route.
HOW TO GET AROUND PORTOFINO
- By Car: The town is very small and hence rental cars are really the best option as cabs will never be readily available and their frequency is quite low.
- On Foot: The actual beauty of Italian countryside and the Riviera is explored best when you are on foot.
- By Bus: There is a bus that goes to and fro from the Liberty square to the station everyday and is a great option to take.