D- Day MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Clarence Esplanade, Portsmouth PO5 3NT, England, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2392826722
- Ticket Price: 7 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Military Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
D- Day Museum - Review
The D Day Museum is a one of a kind museum that covers the incidents leading upto the landings in Normandy. This event was a big turning point in the world war and is thus and important incident in the history of the war. Check out the Overlord Embroidery that is the biggest of its kind in the world and exquisitely made. It is dedicated to the heroic struggle and sacrifices of the men. There are also some archived film footage and audio visual presentations that make the whole experience very memorable. Accompanying that, there are portraits of war veterans too.
D- Day Museum Ticket Prices
- Children aged 17 and under go free with a paying adult: Entry is free
- For Senior: 5.80 GBP
- For Students: 4.70 GBP
D- Day Museum Hours
- Last entry to the D-Day Museum is 30 minutes before closing time.
How To reach D- Day Museum by Public Transport
- The No.19 bus goes from the City Centre and stops at a 10-15 minutes walk from the D-Day Museum.
- On Sundays only, the No.16 bus (First Group) goes from Portsmouth Harbour train station and stops directly outside the D-Day Museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Portsmouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Portsmouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting D- Day Museum
95% of people who visit Portsmouth include D- Day Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
71.19% of people start their D- Day Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see D- Day Museum
94.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting D- Day Museum