How to Reach Portsmouth - The Easiest Way to Reach Portsmouth
HOW TO GET TO PORTSMOUTH
- By Air: The closest airport to Portsmouth, UK is located at Eastleigh and is called Southampton Airport. Travel to Portsmouth city by train thereafter. You will have to change at Southampton Central.
- By Train: Portsmouth is conveniently connected to major metros like London ,Brighton, Bristol, Bath and Southampton. Do remember though that you will have to alight at different stops to reach different destinations within Portsmouth. Inquire in advance about which would be the right stop for you to get off.
- By Car: As Portsmouth is an island, the routes to get in and get out are limited in option. So even though the city is conveniently connected by major highways, it is not advisable to drive here. Portsmouth has a stipulated speed limit and parking here is easily found.
- By Bus: Portsmouth is conveniently connected by buses across many cities. The buses that run upto Havant and Southhampton also stop at Portsmouth.
- By Ferry: Portsmouth can be accessed from four ports in France and one in Spain. Besides these destinations, the towns of Guernsey and Jersey, Fishbourne, Ryde are easily accessible too.
HOW TO GET AROUND PORTSMOUTH
- By Bus: If you plan to use the bus to commute across the city , buy the day pass which is quite a steal and is valid across many destinations. Buses are regular and comfortable. They provide a good option to move around the city.
- By Cab: Cabs are easily available although a bit expensive. Licensed taxis are available too.
Are you looking for a Portsmouth travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Portsmouth
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Portsmouth. The most preferred mode of transport in Portsmouth is Car.
Average distance: 10.19 km Average time: 17.67 min
Car 100%Driving 17.67 min Overall average time for 10.19 kms 17.67 min
How to Reach Portsmouth from Nearby Cities
|Gosport to Portsmouth||4.5 km||4 mins|
|Waterlooville to Portsmouth||10.19 km||10 mins|
|Fareham to Portsmouth||12.23 km||12 mins|
|Southampton to Portsmouth||37.15 km||37 mins|
|Shoreham-by-sea to Portsmouth||90.24 km||1 hour 30 mins|
|Slough to Portsmouth||98.45 km||1 hour 38 mins|
|Bournemouth to Portsmouth||98.76 km||1 hour 38 mins|
|Brighton to Portsmouth||104.91 km||1 hour 44 mins|
|Oxford to Portsmouth||106.28 km||1 hour 46 mins|
|Burgess hill to Portsmouth||107.46 km||1 hour 47 mins|
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Winchester
- How to reach Weymouth
- How to reach London
- How to reach Bath
- How to reach Bristol
- How to reach Canterbury
- How to reach Northampton
- How to reach Exeter
- How to reach Edinburgh
- How to reach Manchester
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach St Andrews
- How to reach Plymouth
- How to reach Leeds