How to Reach Positano, Italy
The Easiest Way to Reach Positano
HOW TO GET TO POSITANO
- By Bus: You can take the Sita bus from Sorrento, Naples, Amalfi, Vietri and Salerno. Make sure you take a window seat to enjoy the outside view. When you are travelling from Sorrento, choose the right side window seat and from Amalfi to Positano, choose left side window.
- By Car: If you are taking your car, take the autostrada A3 from Sorrento. Watch out for the signs like Vietri, Maiori, Amalfi and Positano. These signs will lead you the coast line of Positano. At the same time, reserve a parking area beforehand if you are travelling at peak time.
- By Air: You can fly till Naples. From there, you can hire private taxis to reach your destination.
- By Boat: Ferry from Naples available. Though it turns out to be a bit expensive as compared to the bus, but it saves an hour and also offers a striking view of the mountain cliff along the coastline.
HOW TO GET AROUND POSITANO
- By Bus: Local bus company, like Sita bus company runs from the town to the coastline. You can try the bus to take a tour around the city. It is one of the convenient and budget friendly transportation of Positano. Although, the bus doesn't span over the entire town and you might have to get around by some other means.
- By Car: Private cars are available, but arrange it beforehand if you are travelling during summer.
- No matter whichever mode of transport you take, the roads are bound to be crowded during peak hours. Especially during summer, it's hardly possible to get a seat in a bus. Hence, avoid travelling during those hours.
- Apart from them, if you have strong legs, walking down the road will be the best option. It will save you from getting stuck in the jam for long hours. Walking along the cliff and high roads of Positano also gives you an experience of hiking.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Positano and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Positano
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Positano. The most preferred mode of transport in Positano is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 9.97 km Average time: 56.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 28.57%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 15 min Walking 6.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 40 min
Car 28.57%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 15.5 kms 25 min
Walking 28.57%Walking 70 min Train 9 min Waiting 5 min Tram 2.5 min Overall average time for 7.9 kms 86.5 min
Train/Metro 14.29%Train 45 min Waiting 15 min Walking 15 min Bus 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 90 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Positano
- How to reach Amalfi
- How to reach Capri
- How to reach Salerno
- How to reach Naples
- How to reach Sorrento
- How to reach Santa Maria Di Castellabate
- How to reach Sant'agata Sui Due Golfi
- How to reach Anacapri
- How to reach Lacco Ameno
- How to Reach Top Cities in Italy
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Florence
- How to reach Venice
- How to reach Cinque Terre
- How to reach Milan
- How to reach Catania
- How to reach Mestrina
- How to reach San Donato Milanese
- How to reach Rho
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Cranberry Isles
- How to reach Buckfield
- How to reach Diamond Point