Casa Nacional De La Moneda127 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ayacucho S/N, Villa Imperial de Potosí, Bolivia, Potosi Map
- Phone: +591-26222777
- Tags: Family And Kids, Heritage Building
The Casa Nacional De La Moneda or National Mint of Bolivia was a Currency House, now enlisted as a Heritage Site. The beautiful country building with a large center courtyard and arch gateways, the currency house dates back to 1753 to 1773 and during its journey, it has acted as a prison, Bolivian Army headquarters and also a fortress. The amusing Bacchus Mask on the façade and on the fountain in the center of the courtyard looks like the signature of Casa Nacional De La Moneda. Guided two-hour tour to the interior of the building with English, Spanish, and French-speaking guides will let you explore the mint history. The Potosi School paintings, large assemblies of wooden cogs and the last minted coins are notable artifacts here.
How to Reach Casa Nacional De La Moneda
- Rented Car/ Taxi
- Casa Nacional De La Moneda Address: Ayacucho S/N, Villa Imperial de Potosí, Bolivia, Potosi
- Casa Nacional De La Moneda Contact Number: +591-26222777
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!