Chinesisches HausCurrently Closed
- Address: Am Grunen Gitter, 14469 Potsdam, Germany, 14471
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-3319694200
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Park, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Green House, Sculpture, Landmarks
Nestled in a corner of the Sanssouci Park, the Chinesisches Haus’s golden pillars and sculptures beckon one and all. The mint-green house resembles a cross between a Chinese Tea House and a fairy-tale home with intricate gold details, a circular tower-dome and an air of the time gone by. No wonder its was a happy place for King Frederick the Great!
The interiors showcase intricately decorated ceiling and walls and a collection of china plates.
18th century in Potsdam drew a lot of influence of art and architecture from all over the world, and this house in particular showcases the Chinoiserie fashion that was trending at that time.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chinesisches Haus
- General Price: Euros 3.00
- Reduced: Euros 2.00
- Valid for a single visit to all the SPSG palaces in Potsdam open to the public on one day. Not valid for the Belvedere on Potsdam’s Pfingstberg, Sacrow Palace and Stern Hunting Lodge. Not valid for special exhibitions; although some exceptions apply. Includes a fixed admission time slot for viewing Sanssouci Palace. (plus 2 euros service charge).
- General Price: Euros 19.00
- Reduced: Euros 14.00
Sanssouci+ Family Ticket:
- Valid for a single visit to all the SPSG palaces in Potsdam open to the public on one day. Not valid for the Belvedere on Potsdam’s Pfingstberg, Sacrow Palace and Stern Hunting Lodge. Not valid for special exhibitions; although some exceptions apply. Includes a fixed admission time slot for viewing Sanssouci Palace. Valid for up to 2 adults and up to 4 children belonging to the same family aged 18 or younger. On sale at all palace registers and at the visitor centers.
- Price: 49.00 €
- Camera Permit (No flash, no tripods): Euros 3
For other prices, visit the official website.
Chinesisches Haus Hours
- Last admission: 30 minutes before closing.
- Open on German Unity Day (3rd October) and Reformation Day (31st October).
How to Reach Chinesisches Haus
- By Tram: Potsdam, Feuerbachstr. (around 2 kilometers away)
- By Bus: Potsdam, Orangerie
- By Taxi
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Potsdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Potsdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.56% of people who visit Potsdam include Chinesisches Haus in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
65% of people start their Chinesisches Haus visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chinesisches Haus
57.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chinesisches Haus
Chinesisches Haus Reviews & Ratings
A maximum example of the best Chinoiserie - in fact a Chinese-style fairytale dollhouse! A delight to the senses, a travel to fantasyland...
Nice place. Nice park. Must visit
It is a very small building with great architecture. Good for photos only:). There is a ticket price to go inside but would not prefer it because there is nothing surprising to see it from inside.
Impressive colorful Pavillon in beautiful Park. During Summer season it is possible to visit inside.
Exquisite side-show to Sansoussi palace.