How to Reach Potsdam, Germany
The Easiest Way to Reach Potsdam
HOW TO GET TO POTSDAM
- The Berlin Tegel International Airport is located around 32 kilometers from Potsdam. You can take an S-Bahn from here to reach the city.
- The Schönefeld Airport in Berlin is located around 36 kilometers from Potsdam. You can reach the city by taking a suburban train line RB22 from here.
- The S-Bahn and Regionalexpress connect Potsdam to the nearby cities including Berlin. The Potsdam Hauptbahnhof covers central Potsdam while Regionalexpress RE1 is preferred to travel to the city from Brandenburg or Magdeburg.
- Do know that to travel to Potsdam by train you need a ticket applicable for Berlin zones ABC.
By Boat: Boat rides are preferred especially if you are travelling from Berlin. Lake Wannsee offers a number of rides to Potsdam everyday (journey time is 1 hour)
By Car/ Bike: Potsdam is connected to neighboring cities by motorways. Take the highway A10 or A115 and follow the signs to reach Potsdam.
By Coach: The ZOB Berlin lines connect to Potsdam via the S7 with a switch at Westkreuz to S42.
HOW TO GET ARROUND POTSDAM
- By Tram: The tram service is part of the VBB transportation and you can easily switch trams by taking a ticket that is valid in the zone. The inner city lies in Zone A, the outer parts lie in Zone B and the outskirts lie in Zone C. Ticket can be bought easily at Tram stations and can even be bought through your smartphone.
- By Bus: Working similar to the Tram system, Busses are also a preferred way of getting around Potsdam. Do know that Potsdam itself lies in Zone ‘c’ of Berlin.
- By Taxi: Taxis are preferred especially if you are looking for conveyance after dark. Metered tariffs are applied.
- By Renting a Car/ Bike: Car rentals are not preferred to get around Potsdam since it is a pretty small city. However, Bike rentals are great if you like to explore more than the tourist spots and love to ride.
Are you looking for a Potsdam travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Potsdam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Potsdam. The most preferred mode of transport in Potsdam is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 9.66 km Average time: 32.07 min
Train/Metro 28.38%Train 27.95 min Walking 6.86 min Waiting 5 min Bus 1.1 min Overall average time for 13.89 kms 40.9 min
Walking 18.92%Walking 19.79 min Train 4.21 min Waiting 1.79 min Other 1.79 min Bus 0.71 min Bike 0.71 min Overall average time for 3.85 kms 29 min
Bus/Trolleybus 2.7%Bus 45 min Train 20 min Overall average time for 20 kms 65 min
Bike 28.38%Bike 18.71 min Walking 0.62 min Other 0.24 min Overall average time for 4.81 kms 19.57 min
Car 13.51%Driving 34.8 min Walking 0.2 min Overall average time for 18.5 kms 35 min
Tram/Streetcar 2.7%Tram 19.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 3.65 kms 23 min
How to Reach Potsdam from Nearby Cities
|Berlin to Potsdam||28.56 km||29 mins|
|Wusterwitz to Potsdam||76.28 km||1 hour 16 mins|
- How to reach Berlin
- How to reach Oranienburg
- How to reach Bad Liebenwerda
- How to reach Leipzig
- How to reach Dresden
- How to reach Struppen
- How to reach Chemnitz
- How to reach Loddin
- How to reach Weimar
- How to reach Frankfurt
- How to reach Munich
- How to reach Hamburg
- How to reach Trier
- How to reach Mainz
- How to reach Aachen