How to Reach Potsdam
The Easiest Way to Reach Potsdam
HOW TO GET TO POTSDAM
- The Berlin Tegel International Airport is located around 32 kilometers from Potsdam. You can take an S-Bahn from here to reach the city.
- The Schönefeld Airport in Berlin is located around 36 kilometers from Potsdam. You can reach the city by taking a suburban train line RB22 from here.
- The S-Bahn and Regionalexpress connect Potsdam to the nearby cities including Berlin. The Potsdam Hauptbahnhof covers central Potsdam while Regionalexpress RE1 is preferred to travel to the city from Brandenburg or Magdeburg.
- Do know that to travel to Potsdam by train you need a ticket applicable for Berlin zones ABC.
By Boat: Boat rides are preferred especially if you are travelling from Berlin. Lake Wannsee offers a number of rides to Potsdam everyday (journey time is 1 hour)
By Car/ Bike: Potsdam is connected to neighboring cities by motorways. Take the highway A10 or A115 and follow the signs to reach Potsdam.
By Coach: The ZOB Berlin lines connect to Potsdam via the S7 with a switch at Westkreuz to S42.
HOW TO GET ARROUND POTSDAM
- By Tram: The tram service is part of the VBB transportation and you can easily switch trams by taking a ticket that is valid in the zone. The inner city lies in Zone A, the outer parts lie in Zone B and the outskirts lie in Zone C. Ticket can be bought easily at Tram stations and can even be bought through your smartphone.
- By Bus: Working similar to the Tram system, Busses are also a preferred way of getting around Potsdam. Do know that Potsdam itself lies in Zone ‘c’ of Berlin.
- By Taxi: Taxis are preferred especially if you are looking for conveyance after dark. Metered tariffs are applied.
- By Renting a Car/ Bike: Car rentals are not preferred to get around Potsdam since it is a pretty small city. However, Bike rentals are great if you like to explore more than the tourist spots and love to ride.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Potsdam and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Potsdam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Potsdam. The most preferred mode of transport in Potsdam is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 10.13 km Average time: 32.68 min
Train/Metro 33.33%Train 28.6 min Walking 6.7 min Waiting 5.15 min Bus 1.15 min Overall average time for 14.13 kms 41.6 min
Walking 20%Walking 20.58 min Train 4.92 min Waiting 2.08 min Other 2.08 min Bus 0.83 min Bike 0.83 min Overall average time for 4.29 kms 31.33 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.67%Tram 9 min Waiting 5 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 2.3 kms 16 min
Bike 25%Bike 17.33 min Walking 0.13 min Overall average time for 4.67 kms 17.47 min
Car 13.33%Driving 37.5 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 20.5 kms 37.75 min
- How to reach Cities Near Potsdam
- How to reach Diesbar-seußlitz
- How to reach Tangstedt
- How to reach Dachwig
- How to reach Barchfeld
- How to reach Beckeln
- How to reach Dingelstädt
- How to reach Ebersdorf
- How to reach Salz
- How to reach Triptis
- How to reach Bergzow
- How to reach Burg-grambke
- How to reach Großolbersdorf
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Balite (pob.)
- How to reach Machnówka
- How to reach Gröbzig
- How to reach Ha Kwai Chung General Out-patient Clinic
- How to reach Saint-roch
- How to reach Mezőszilas
- How to reach Bordj Ghédir
- How to reach Videm Pri Ptuju
- How to reach Schulendorf
- How to reach Écoteaux