Bedrich Smetana Museum888 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Novotneho lavka 201/1, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic, Prague Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +420-222220082
- Ticket Price: 50 CZK
- Tags: Museums
The Smetana Museum is a museum dedicated to the life and works of famous Czech composer Bedrich Smetana (1824-1884). Located on the banks of river Vltava, this museum is set charming surroundings and amidst lush greenery.
Exhibits include copies of letters, photographs and newspaper cuttings relating to Smetana’s life as well as various possessions including the deaf composer’s earbone. There are also folders on music stands which contain material about some of Smetana’s most famous works. For those who are new to his works or simply want to revisit his genius, there are music boxes where you can hear his works and browse through his most famous music.
Smetana proved that a prodigy cannot be suppressed as he continued working on his art despite the strict creative restrictions put by Czech Nationalism Regime. It is fascinating to experience Prague through these brilliant composers’ verses, poems and music.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bedrich Smetana Museum
- Reduced: 30 CZK seniors (over 60 years), disabled persons, children 6–15 years old, High schools and University students (student ID card is necessary).
- Family 90 CZK (max. 2 adults, 3 children); School group with pedagogue 10 CZK/person; Children under 6 years and ICOM members’ admission is free.
- Filming, taking photos (no flash) for noncommercial use - free with valid ticket.
How to Reach Bedrich Smetana Museum
- Tram: Karlovy lazne
- Bus: Marianske namesti
- Metro: Staromestska
- Restaurace Mlýnec
- Restaurace Kamenný Most
- School Restaurant & Lounge
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Prague before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Prague and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bedrich Smetana Museum Address: Novotneho lavka 201/1, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic, Prague
- Bedrich Smetana Museum Contact Number: +420-222220082
- Bedrich Smetana Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Bedrich Smetana Museum Price: 50 CZK
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
5.04% of people who visit Prague include Bedrich Smetana Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45% of people start their Bedrich Smetana Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Bedrich Smetana Museum
64.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bedrich Smetana Museum
People normally club together Lobkowicz Palace and Lesser Town while planning their visit to Bedrich Smetana Museum.